Morton Scottish Cup Tie

Kmcalpin

Just now, C&A not the shop said:

Well we're through. And that's what matters.

We were the better side for most of the match, hitting the post and the stone wall penalty but even with that didn't look particularly dangerous.

We were not the better side. Their goalkeeper made 1 save of note in 120 Minutes

2 minutes ago, milo said:

Hunt the fucking lot of them. Embarrassing performance from start to finish and that include the manager with his formation and lack of subs. 

Stop feckin whinging, it's a cup game main objective met, we won , total dugshite for 119 mins, but all that matters is we are in the quarter finals.

We were pish against morton 30 years ago and look how that cup run turned out, coyw

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

40 plus years of watching Motherwell, I'm not overly demanding,  but by god, you're easy pleased.

I’m simply responding to the question is the squad as bad as has been stated, given it’s been stated as the worst squad in the last 30 years and a relegation certainty I would have thought it’s probably not that bad. I’m far from happy from what I’ve seen this season though.

Two penalty wins in one season.

I know it was a keech performance and in the space of 6 days we have made St Mirren and Morton look like Real and Barca but getting to the next round of the cup was all that really matters. We have done well at Easter Road this season so fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Morton 91, played poor....won on pens.....went onto win cup......could history be repeating itself or was my beer stronger than I thought!!

I’m not convinced we are even close to good enough to win the cup, and I’m nearly always positive.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m simply responding to the question is the squad as bad as has been stated, given it’s been stated as the worst squad in the last 30 years and a relegation certainty I would have thought it’s probably not that bad. I’m far from happy from what I’ve seen this season though.

I've seen worse, yeah. Not often, and I doubt it was in the last 30 years though. Even with the Malpas side, the finger would be pointed at him more than the players. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

This is one of the worst squads I've ever seen us have,the worst will always be up for debate.we have used 35 players this season i believe,which for a club like ours is ridiculous and yet we're near the end of the season and we don't have a formation that suits or even a starting 11 that can be trusted,this season has been a mess for a number of reasona and the sooner it's over and we can start to fix the problems the better.

Tonight was actually worse than the Albion Rovers defeat a few years back.

As I think some of the players check this site I am not going risk their mental health by identifying the  players who played so badly tonight.

Those players will know who they are.

Suffice to say I dont think I have seen in a game as many misplaced passes , gormless decision making and lack of hunger as I witnessed tonight.

Awful performance but bizarrely we are through.

Lets hope Tony Watt is back for the quarter final.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

This is one of the worst squads I've ever seen us have,the worst will always be up for debate.we have used 35 players this season i believe,which for a club like ours is ridiculous and yet we're near the end of the season and we don't have a formation that suits or even a starting 11 that can be trusted,this season has been a mess for a number of reasona and the sooner it's over and we can start to fix the problems the better.

Oh it can’t end quick enough for me that’s for sure. It’s been a horrible last 12 months full stop, Covid, the Motherwell team, and now I may have Cancer to totally put the cap on it.

4 minutes ago, wellowell said:

There’s another comparison Bobby Bingo in 1991 won 1st game in Aberdeen this year also won 1st game in Aberdeen might be different teams but still in Aberdeen 

Well, Celtic and Utd are still in, so you never know.

I could never, never want Motherwell to lose just to prove a point, but I can muster about as much enthusiasm about the prospects of this side as half the players display most weeks.

1 minute ago, livivoice said:

Tonight was actually worse than the Albion Rovers defeat a few years back.

As I think some of the players check this site I am not going risk their mental health by identifying the  players who played so badly tonight.

Those players will know who they are.

Suffice to say I dont think I have seen in a game as many misplaced passes , gormless decision making and lack of hunger as I witnessed tonight.

Awful performance but bizarrely we are through.

Lets hope Tony Watt is back for the quarter final.

If it’s true that they are checking this site, let me put on record that their attitude and performances this season have been utterly woeful. A group of wage thief’s with very few exceptions 

Obviously pleased to progress but there was little pleasure to be gained from that tonight. Kelly and Hastie the positives. 

With the likely absence of Roberts, Watt and now Campbell in the weeks ahead, I’m grateful we’ve steered cleared of the relegation battle. As for the cup, hard to see this bunch getting any success, the lack of quality and desire was there for all to see tonight. 

Sadly we aren’t good enough to win a one horse race. I’m predicting we are going no further in this competition, especially if we play like we did tonight. Take the next round money and run,  and let’s see what next season brings. Especially as I’d like to be there if we win another trophy, not watching it online. 

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Oh it can’t end quick enough for me that’s for sure. It’s been a horrible last 12 months full stop, Covid, the Motherwell team, and now I may have Cancer to totally put the cap on it.

Jeezo mate,I'm sorry to hear that,it puts football in perspective,we all get annoyed and pissed off with the game but in reality there's always more important things in our life going on.i don't know you pal but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you,all the best to you.

• Like 8