Morton Scottish Cup Tie

Kmcalpin

5 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Oh it can’t end quick enough for me that’s for sure. It’s been a horrible last 12 months full stop, Covid, the Motherwell team, and now I may have Cancer to totally put the cap on it.

Jesus, perspective. I'm so sorry. If there's still a doubt, I really hope it goes the right way for you Yorky.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Jesus, perspective. I'm so sorry. If there's still a doubt, I really hope it goes the right way for you Yorky.

Hey it is what it is regardless of the outcome, Prostate Cancer is not the worst one to get so fingers crossed and just getting on with life, the footy is one of the good distractions mate.

Whether we deserved to win or not we're through as Spiderpig said. Thats the bottom line. Morton do deserve a lot of credit but boy did they get a huge slice of luck with penalty decision.Its by no means certain we'd have scored from it, if given, but we might have done. That could have decided the game. In short they got out of jail free. They should have no complaints, although going out on penalties is never good. 

In reality it was not as if Morton outplayed us over 90 minutes.

Despite the awfulness of the performance I think some are getting carried away that Morton deserved more. They deserved to get to penalties and they lost. 

From the get go we were poor. Not sure if that is an issue with attitude to just the fact we have too many bog standard players. 

Special mention for the stream. A good 30 seconds behind the club twitter. I only switched on notifications this week. Wish I had not. Knowing you have scored 20-30 seconds before you see it and same with equaliser. The whole season has been a clusterfuck. But that just about sums it up. 

On to Hibs away. No earthly chance based on that display. None whatsoever...

27 minutes ago, mfc said:

Jeezo mate,I'm sorry to hear that,it puts football in perspective,we all get annoyed and pissed off with the game but in reality there's always more important things in our life going on.i don't know you pal but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you,all the best to you.

Totally agree. My best wishes go to you.

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hey it is what it is regardless of the outcome, Prostate Cancer is not the worst one to get so fingers crossed and just getting on with life, the footy is one of the good distractions mate.

All the best Yorky. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Despite the awfulness of the performance I think some are getting carried away that Morton deserved more. They deserved to get to penalties and they lost. 

From the get go we were poor. Not sure if that is an issue with attitude to just the fact we have too many bog standard players. 

Special mention for the stream. A good 30 seconds behind the club twitter. I only switched on notifications this week. Wish I had not. Knowing you have scored 20-30 seconds before you see it and same with equaliser. The whole season has been a clusterfuck. But that just about sums it up. 

Could still be Stranraer. 

And if we are still clutching at 1991 similarities, I think Stranraer play in blue, so did Falkirk in 1991  (although the Falkirk match was before Morton in '91).

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Sorry but we never deserved to win that at all, travesty for Morton. If you can't muster effort for a cup tie you don't deserve to call yourself a professional footballer.

Pish what did Morton do to deserve the win, both teams were utter dross, 1 save for each keeper in 123 mins.  Shit refereeing denied us a stonewall pen, Long hit the post, Hastie and Cole both had decent chances and should have scored, whereas Morton had 1 decent chance in normal time and we gifted them an equaliser.

So on balance we had the better chances our keeper was very rarely troubled so yes we did deserve to win, onwards to the QF's

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Your positivity will get you through it, either way. Fingers crossed. I hope they distract you happily from here on in!

15 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

True. Our performance concerns me greatly, their going out, not one bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Stop feckin whinging, it's a cup game main objective met, we won , total dugshite for 119 mins, but all that matters is we are in the quarter finals.

We were pish against morton 30 years ago and look how that cup run turned out, coyw

Subtle difference we had a good team them. This shower are utter fucking garbage.

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

Tonight was actually worse than the Albion Rovers defeat a few years back.

As I think some of the players check this site I am not going risk their mental health by identifying the  players who played so badly tonight.

Those players will know who they are.

Suffice to say I dont think I have seen in a game as many misplaced passes , gormless decision making and lack of hunger as I witnessed tonight.

Awful performance but bizarrely we are through.

Lets hope Tony Watt is back for the quarter final.

Don't think so with Watt he is getting about on crutches

46 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

The stream can be 2 or 3 minutes behind, you need to avoid all other outlets especially pals texting you 

I can see why Alexander keeps talking about mentality, as they just strolled about for the majority of that game like it was an inter squad match. I wonder if the lack of fans has caused some this drop off, but the lack of any urgency was frustrating. Even Longy was pissed off and he's Mr Motivator.

Kelly saved us again, he must be our only realistic shout for player of the season. The only player to have made a bigger impact has been Chapman. 

I thought Lamie and McGinley were fine at the back, and Wishaws own gets pass marks for the goal. Gallaghers punts were something else. I cant believe we brought on a defender to shore things up then immediately conceded a corner. That was piss poor game management, which has been a fixture of our season. 

We are too good at penalties, it worries me.

But we're through and that really is all that matters. On to the next.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

...and now I may have Cancer to totally put the cap on it.

Sorry to hear that mate, fingers crossed you get the treatment you need and it results in a positive outcome for you.

I was diagnosed with a genetic blood condition at the start of lockdown and I’m only now starting to get seen at the hospital. Covid has been a bastard for getting access to regular medical treatment. There is no cure for what I’ve got, however, they can at least keep it under control with continuous blood checks. 

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Hastie's penalty must be one of the best ever in our history. An absolute rocket right into the top bin.

Higdon vs Celtic a few years back was sublime too.

I missed the game and had no desire to watch the highlights based on reports but I'm looking forward to them solely for this now :lol:

8 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I can see why Alexander keeps talking about mentality, as they just strolled about for the majority of that game like it was an inter squad match. I wonder if the lack of fans has caused some this drop off, but the lack of any urgency was frustrating. Even Longy was pissed off and he's Mr Motivator.

I think we need to accept that from now to the end of the season, when there's an injury there will be players forced into our starting 11 whose heart simply isn't in it. 

Alexander said in this weeks press conference that when he  joined, half the squad wanted to leave. Derek Ferguson on sportsound (for what his opinion is worth) kept describing last nights game as 'weird', commented quite a few times on the lack of urgency and application from us and felt it looked like a squad with big problems. 

Alexander looks like he's got a ruthless streak, hopefully he's astute enough to get the right players out the door and the right players in this summer. 

10 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Still think our biggest problem is our formation 4-3-3 just does not work for the players that we have. 

Our front players Watt/Cole/Roberts/Long  are no doubt our most talented, but there is no point playing a combination of 3 of them if it leaves you with a shite midfield that cannot supply decent service to them.

Also it is an absolute waste of a jersey playing Long on the wing ……unless we play 2 up top he should not be playing.

Last night was a classic example Cole and Long have pace to burn but our midfield couldn’t pass water and as for our defenders  … we’re back to them hitting 40 yard cross field balls to the man in the moon.