Season 2020’21: Game 35: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Let's hope Campbell and Watt make it. If both Watt and Roberts miss out that'll be a huge handicap.

Think Watt is still getting  about on crutches Dave, so he won't be fit, and I suspect Roberts is out for the season, so we are a bit short on options up front, I would go with Cole, Long and Hastie up front against Accies, as Lawless was pretty ineffectual tonight.

Accies really need to win this one so in normal circumstances they might have been tempted to play with another attacker and sacrifice a midfielder which might make our 4 3 3 work better(or at all) but their fans are saying that they've got a horrendous injury list and have been playing with 7 defenders recently so if that's the case I would be preparing for another shitfest

If we're gonnae be without our better players for the foreseeable,  last week's win might prove even bigger than it seemed. Those injuries, tonight's performance, our record against Accies and their desperate need for 3 points should see them win. So I'll say 2-1 to us, based on absolutely nothing.

Is there a need to freshen things up on Wednesday, given last night's marathon and injury to Campbell, which hopefully isn't too bad? Hastie, Carroll, Mugabi, O'Hara, Foley and even Dunne could all come in to a greater or lesser extent.  Not a game for youngsters?

One thing guaranteed is that there will be zero entertainment.

Even if we don't pick up anything, I'll console myself with the fact that I don't have to pay money to watch that team on that pitch every home game. In a business that is supposed to be about entertainment, that is criminal.

Having said that, we seem to play OK after a bad performance, so hoping this will be our bounce back display.

If Accies repeat their Dundee Utd performance of 27 shots with zero goals when we beat them, it will be even sweeter.

I think we all acknowledge that this current squad have some issues in terms of attitude and desire.  Alexander mentioning that when he came in that half the squad wanted away really beggars the Q what has gone on.  Clearly we hope in time that those players get their wish and get tae France. 

My point in all of this is - if whichever team play on Wed do not give their all to try and get a modicum of revenge for 3 defeats to our local rivals then it only goes to show that there really is a issue within the club. Were that me I would be busting a gut to get a result any result. 

These next two games could really go a long way to rescue an abysmal season. Not sure this team (bar a few) have it in them. I hope they prove me wrong !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I think we all acknowledge that this current squad have some issues in terms of attitude and desire.  Alexander mentioning that when he came in that half the squad wanted away really beggars the Q what has gone on.  Clearly we hope in time that those players get their wish and get tae France. 

My point in all of this is - if whichever team play on Wed do not give their all to try and get a modicum of revenge for 3 defeats to our local rivals then it only goes to show that there really is a issue within the club. Were that me I would be busting a gut to get a result any result. 

These next two games could really go a long way to rescue an abysmal season. Not sure this team (bar a few) have it in them. I hope they prove me wrong !

I never saw Alexander say that , if he did you've got to wonder what went wrong with Robinson.

27 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I never saw Alexander say that , if he did you've got to wonder what went wrong with Robinson.

It could simply been a case of extremely poor recruitment by Robinson.

Let’s face it, the last three summer transfer windows have been utterly abysmal when you think of some of the dross Robinson was allowed to bring in and that was reflected by the on field product which was dismal.

Even when we ‘finished 3rd’ last season we were pish for large spells especially from January ‘20 until the season was abandoned and this season with yet another batch of poor signings we were even worse. I’d say it’s highly possible that this season is purely the result of having a poor squad with many players who have a stinking attitude.

As for Wednesday night, I have no faith in us doing any better than the previous three meetings with Accies this season. 2-0 home win.

35 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

He mentioned it in this week's presser.

When team's aren't playing well, there are always some players who end up wanting out ASAP. 

While not trying to make excuses for them, I imagine in this season with all the Covid training protocols, training bubbles and no fans etc. that when you go through all that and the team is underperofrming it can be pretty demotivating. Especially for players that are separated from their families and may have been unable to visit them down south (or overseas). 

In fact, not being able to visit family and friends could have been reason enough for some players to want to move away.

I think Robinson just reached the point that most managers reach at a club when his ideas and methods were getting stale and stopped working. 

If you want to see how difficult that is to turn around just look at the long list of clubs that still get relegated after they switch gaffers mid-season. So to that extent. Alexender is doing OK with the resources available (including those that wanted to leave). When he'll be judged is when he brings in his own players to play his preferred style. That might take a few windows, of course, but we should see the framework at the start of the new season.

15 minutes ago, milo said:

Any word on Watt, Roberts and Campbell and how long they’re  out for?

Alexander has provided an update on the midfielder: “I have just seen him there with a bag of ice on his leg. I think that’s a first that I have not seen Allan Campbell complete a game never mind a training session. He is a tough boy, fit as anything so fingers-crossed he will be ok for the coming games because he is a massive player for us.

“I think the ice pack is around his thigh area but I haven’t spoken to him about it. You fear the worst when someone like Allan Campbell comes off because you think he is beyond human. But he probably showed he is actually human.”

3 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

He mentioned it on the pre match chat before the game last night, think it was recorded at the normal press conference on Thursday.