Season 2020’21: Game 35: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Naw.

Ross County can get to 42 points. We are on 41.

Yes, but there is only one play off spot. So Ross County would have to win all their games, Kilmarnock would have to win all their games and we would have to lose all our games to end up there on GD. Which was exactly the point I made. Not that it matters now!

Reading through the post game comments, really surprised people wanted a St Mirren win. We should be looking up the table now!

4 wins in the last 5 league games with a couple of cup wins in there too. We might be shite but we're pretty effective!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Reading through the post game comments, really surprised people wanted a St Mirren win. We should be looking up the table now!

4 wins in the last 5 league games with a couple of cup wins in there too. We might be shite but we're pretty effective!

100% - although we have been absolutely horse shite the last few games, the results have been going our way for once and we should be absolutely looking at catching St. Mirren and United before worrying about what is happening below...!

36 minutes ago, milo said:

Lamie completely lost his man in the first minute at that Accies chance.

Surely won’t have to suffer him as a regular next season?

Yes, Odoffin should have opened the scoring then. He was completely unmarked.  We did the business but it was far from a perfect performance, especially against 10 men. It speaks volumes for Alexander's opinion of his team that he felt he had to shut up shop, in such a way, in the second half. He may also have thought that as Long was on a yellow card he didn't want to risk losing him to a red. After Long's departure I just wonder how GA would have reacted if Accies had equalised or even taken the lead. That second half set up was reminiscent of a Tommy MacLean team of the mid 80s or a Jim MacLean Dundee United side of the same era.

8 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Yes, but there is only one play off spot. So Ross County would have to win all their games, Kilmarnock would have to win all their games and we would have to lose all our games to end up there on GD. Which was exactly the point I made. Not that it matters now!

Aye but you were saying we're safe when clearly weren't. And given we play RC and Killie and they both play Accies it wasn't hugely unlikely. 

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Aye but you were saying we're safe when clearly weren't. And given we play RC and Killie and they both play Accies it wasn't hugely unlikely. 

I didnt say we were mathematically safe. But I did say it was so unlikely to happen that we were effectively so. But lets not quibble. We are safe!:P