Season 2020’21: Game 35: Hamilton (A)

Andy_P

18 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Bragging rights. That's probably why it's always been a bit of a crap derby to me - despite knowing plenty folk from Hamilton, I've never yet met anyone who claimed to be an Accies fan.

I grew up and in Hamilton and I know lots of Accies fans (maybe even all of them...).

Reminds me of the old joke about the fan standing at Douglas Park when the bloke next to him says "Are you staying still the final whistle?"

"Aye - I'll be here for the full 90"

"Great" he says,  handing him some keys, "do you mind locking up?"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I grew up and in Hamilton and I know lots of Accies fans (maybe even all of them...).

Reminds me of the old joke about the fan standing at Douglas Park when the bloke next to him says "Are you staying still the final whistle?"

"Aye - I'll be here for the full 90"

"Great" he says,  handing him some keys, "do you mind locking up?"

Same here pal, brought up in Hamilton so know most of their fans,  met my mate at lunchtime for a walk,  he is accies fan but isnt confident tonight, I replied 'you obviously didnt see us v Morton',   we need to get one over them tonight after last 2 derbies which were embarrassing...COYW

2 hours ago, mfc88 said:

Contemplating that a point and no injuries would be a result tonight. Dont think I've ever said that before an accies game but we have been rotten every time we've played them this season. 9 of their 27 points have come from us :banghead:

And no red cards please.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I think a point makes it mathematically impossible for us to finish in the automatic relegation spot (regardless of how massively improbable that would be).

So that should be our minimum target.

Agreed, would love us to pump them 5 or 6 nil as a bit of payback for the previous 3 games, but would settle for not losing, or an O'Donnell 35 yard special in injury time to win it.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I think a point makes it mathematically impossible for us to finish in the automatic relegation spot (regardless of how massively improbable that would be).

So that should be our minimum target.

Indeed, we would be 11 ahead with 9 to play for. If killie lose a point is also enough to secure 10th at the worst (10 ahead with 3 games left). If Killie or County don't win then 3 points secures us 10th.

So a win would be handy to confirm things for next year but realistically were not finishing lower than 10th, still nice to have it sorted.

I'm assuming we're playing a 352 with O'Donnell and McGinley on the wings. Its never a pretty watch at NDP, I have no doubt Accies will approach this like a derby game I just hope we do the same as our performances against them have been abysmal to say the least. I'm just glad to see Alexander has changed it up a bit so hopefully we can bring them a bit of misery for once.

5 minutes ago, Kat said:

I'm assuming we're playing a 352 with O'Donnell and McGinley on the wings. Its never a pretty watch at NDP, I have no doubt Accies will approach this like a derby game I just hope we do the same as our performances against them have been abysmal to say the least. I'm just glad to see Alexander has changed it up a bit so hopefully we can bring them a bit of misery for once.

3-5-2 was the obvious choice with Roberts/Watt injured + we need to match them in midfield.

Personally delighted to see a different approach

Accies always seem to be more ‘up for it’ than we are in these games for some reason, especially this season and given their position and need for points I don’t see tonight being any different. We are not officially safe yet so I hope/expect to see a much better attitude from us tonight.

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If we get the first goal, 3-0.

Agree with that, the first goal is crucial tonight. If we get it, especially early doors then I’d be reasonably confident of us getting the points but if it goes the other way, given our dreadful record of scoring equalising goals this season then we’ll be in trouble.

• Like 1