Season 2020’21: Game 36: Kilmarnock (H)

Andy_P

Motherwell: Kelly, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Lamie, McGinley, Campbell, Lawless, Foley, Hastie, Cole, Long.

Substitutes: Chapman, Cornelius, Magliore, Mugabi, Dunne, Watt, Carroll, Crawford, Maguire.

Kilmarnock: Rogers, Millen, Broadfoot, Rossi, Haunstrup, Dicker, Power, McKenzie, Pinnock, Kiltie, Lafferty.

Substitutes: Doyle, McGowan, Oakley, Whitehall, Waters, Mulumbu, Medley, Tshibola, Burke.

Lineup is a strange one, looks like 442 to me..

Kelly

O'Donnell Galkagher Lamie McGinlay 

Lawless Foley Campbell Hastie

Cole Long

Unless he's going with the wacky Lawless in a midfield three idea again. Frankly the selection of Hastie given the relative unimportance of the game is bizarre...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Lineup is a strange one, looks like 442 to me..

Kelly

O'Donnell Galkagher Lamie McGinlay 

Lawless Foley Campbell Hastie

Cole Long

Unless he's going with the wacky Lawless in a midfield three idea again. Frankly the selection of Hastie given the relative unimportance of the game is bizarre...

I would imagine you're correct. We struggled to get a hold of the ball the last two times we played them when they packed the midfield with five and we persisted with the three. Hopefully we see a decent performance and result. I'm still annoyed by the abandoned game so I hope we make it as uncomfortable as possible and put them back in the keech.

• Like 1

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

Can make five subs remember...

Forgot .... in the same way I still find it odd when I see one player stepping up for the kickoff. 

Agree what you say about Hastie, unless the analysis suggests his particular attributes will cause them issues or a caveat in the loan agreement I would rather see others in the starting line up before him.

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If things are going bad then only positive change is watt,   we have 3 central defenders,  a defensive midfielder and a left back 

There are literally no other attacking options available to put on the bench assuming Seedorf is unavailable or persona non grata...

11 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

There are literally no other attacking options available to put on the bench assuming Seedorf is unavailable or persona non grata...

Well, Polworth the Lanarkshire Kante (why Kante get a game?) also fits into the latter category presumably.