Best signing/most improved players under GA

Motherwell Daft

Who do you all think has been the best signing in the January window and most improved player/s under GA so far?

For me the best signing by an absolute country mile has been Kelly, his assured goalkeeping and talking to his defence has definitely been the catalyst to our resurgence and recent good form, he is on a par with Trevor and has been excellent.

I also think that Devante has been a revelation under GA, he has been played as an out and out Centre Forward and none of this Robbo pish across the front...somewhere and as a result has scored 9 goals and showing his true potential. I am probably going to get slaughtered for this I also think Lamie has improved a lot, he still has the ability to be a total bomb scare but under GA he’s not been as bad and has been a bit more reliable, he used to give opponents a goal of a start every time he played, not so much now but still lots of room for improvement.

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Who do you all think has been the best signing in the January window and most improved player/s under GA so far?

For me the best signing by an absolute country mile has been Kelly, his assured goalkeeping and talking to his defence has definitely been the catalyst to our resurgence and recent good form, he is on a par with Trevor and has been excellent.

I also think that Devante has been a revelation under GA, he has been played as an out and out Centre Forward and none of this Robbo pish across the front...somewhere and as a result has scored 9 goals and showing his true potential. I am probably going to get slaughtered for this I also think Lamie has improved a lot, he still has the ability to be a total bomb scare but under GA he’s not been as bad and has been a bit more reliable, he used to give opponents a goal of a start every time he played, not so much now but still lots of room for improvement.

Thoughts?

I agree with you, and would add that I think Chris Long has been better too. At Christmas time I'd have said his time with us was up, but now I'd be fine if he signed on again. 

GA"s greatest accolade is overall we've started to look more like a team than a bunch of individuals.

From the players that walk straight into the team.
Kelly - best signing by a distance.
Cole - simply being played as a centre forward has got the goals.
S'OD - much better pushing forward. 

Others have improved
Lamie , McGinley, Mugabi , Long , Crawford have improved. Albeit I don't believe any are automatic yes's for the starting 11. 

Kelly defo and although being a critic early on McGinley definitely improved and brings a lot more going forward than Carroll.  Lamie definitely improved and pleased for him as some of the stick he has taken has been OTT.  Apologies to Robbo fans but I feel big difference is simply playing players in correct position.  Still need about 4 or 5 good additions in summer...COYW

• Like 1

Cole is the obvious choice, but he's never looked like a bad player. He's finally playing in the right position in the right system.

Its Lamie for me. I'm not going as far as Jock  "if Lamie had pace he'd be playing at the highest level" Brown, but he's been very very good recently. Unfortunately for him, he's now that player who some fans are just waiting to make a mistake so they can announce how shite he is. He doesn't make any more or any fewer mistakes than others in defence yet his wobbly start has left an impression that seems hard to shift. Hopefully those fans get over it and get behind the guy. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

He's certainly upped his game under GA but is still prone to a couple of blunders per game. I will be uneasy if he's a first pick next season.

If you watch any player for 90 mins they will make mistakes whether it's a striker who misses a sitter or a midfielder who gives the ball away with a bad pass.

I think his poor start to the season has blinded some folk to just how good he's been since he started regularly in his proper position.

I would have no trouble in him being on the team sheet next season.