Season 2020’21: Game 37: Dundee Utd (A)

Andy_P

6 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

Do we all start supporting Killie now, so we can retain 7th?

There's a teeny bit of me that would like Accies to beat Ross County and Kille to draw with St. Mirren  which would leave all of them with the same points going into Sunday.

But my sensible head wants RC and Killie to win so that Accies are gone. (and we would have a good chance of 7th)

1 minute ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Say one thing under Alexander we have this getting something out of nothing about us,a bit of fight when we look like utter dog toffee.

I like it!

I like the fight too but I'd rather we stopped looking like dugshit for large parts of most games.

1 minute ago, grumpy said:

There's a teeny bit of me that would like Accies to beat Ross County and Kille to draw with St. Mirren  which would leave all of them with the same points going into Sunday.

But my sensible head wants RC and Killie to win so that Accies are gone. (and we would have a good chance of 7th)

I'd rather see Killie get the automatic spot and Accies go down in the playoff.

However, I think whoever finishes 11th will canter to victory in the play-off.

Watched the game on Hesgoals which had no commentary but all you could hear was Mellon  shouting well done Archie, keep going Archie, pick him up Archie. Think Archie must be his lovechild. After the 2nd Well goal all you could hear was Fu**ing this,  fu**ing that. What a tosser. 

2 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Watched the game on Hesgoals which had no commentary but all you could hear was Mellon  shouting well done Archie, keep going Archie, pick him up Archie. Think Archie must be his lovechild. After the 2nd Well goal all you could hear was Fu**ing this,  fu**ing that. What a tosser. 

I am amazed you could understand what Mellon was saying,   certainly didnt go to the Stuart Armstrong school of politeness  lol

39 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If only we would turn up for first half of games!! seasons

Fixed it for you.

That 90 minutes was a wee summary of our whole season. You start off with a wee bit of hope, only to be kicked in the nuts early on. Slack and infuriating first half,  with the opposition not having to work too hard for their goals. Chris Long gets booked for petulance, and we give away a stupid penalty. Second half much better, Kelly makes a good save and Cole scores. In the end we do just about enough to get through it unscathed, but you're still left realising that we're very inconsistent, lacking leadership on the park, and needing a big summer rebuild. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

2-0, that’s it done, game over, can’t rely on this team for anything, team full of Championship players, relegation is a certainty next season. 

It’s fucking boring to read through. 

Well no one is forcing you to read it if it bothers/bores you that much. 

Regardless of how tonight ended up, concerns about the quality of players in the team and what next season holds are entirely valid. That’s fairly normal for football fans of any club to be concerned about and want to discuss.

Though I don’t think anyone actually said that “relegation is a certainty next season”.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

He went cantaloupey.

Good one weeyin.

Strangely I was quite optimistic we would take something from the game even at 2-0 down. I genuinely felt we had some decent chances in the 1st half. 

SODs has really come onto a game and was my MOM. Big Devante. Would love to keep him but with goals like that every chance he will earn double his wages at a League One side in Engurland. 

A point well earned even if we were average, Actually felt we played better in 1st half than 2nd and yet.....

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

yes we do but we are garbage to watch. Think Hastie has played his way into the Championship for next season .... the Scottish Championship.

It’s looked that way ever since he left us. I keep thinking with a decent season under him and with the right coaching he has enough about him to develop. However I still think he needs to drop down to the championship, get his confidence back, and go from there, the Premiership is now just killing him football wise.

51 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'd rather see Killie get the automatic spot and Accies go down in the playoff.

However, I think whoever finishes 11th will canter to victory in the play-off.

id rather Accies stayed up I want some chances to eventually humiliate them and fuck that losing a game 5 mins away to end up going to Dundee of fucking Dingwall.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

id rather Accies stayed up I want some chances to eventually humiliate them and fuck that losing a game 5 mins away to end up going to Dundee of fucking Dingwall.

To be honest I'd agree with that, as as much as I dislike Accies I do enjoy the Derby and it certainly feels like we have a 'score to settle' especially after the way the games have gone this season.

20 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

It’s looked that way ever since he left us. I keep thinking with a decent season under him and with the right coaching he has enough about him to develop. However I still think he needs to drop down to the championship, get his confidence back, and go from there, the Premiership is now just killing him football wise.

I think dropping down a division would be exactly what hastie needs next season,he's had two seasons now where he's hardly played much and he can't afford to be anything other than a first team starter next season,it feels like his career is almost a cross roads.its not worked out for him or us this season,he's definitely got no future at rangers,hopefully he can get a move that suits him over the summer.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

I think dropping down a division would be exactly what hastie needs next season,he's had two seasons now where he's hardly played much and he can't afford to be anything other than a first team starter next season,it feels like his career is almost a cross roads.its not worked out for him or us this season,he's definitely got no future at rangers,hopefully he can get a move that suits him over the summer.

and hopefully has no future with us