Season 2020’21: Game 37: Dundee Utd (A)

Andy_P

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

What a signing Lafferty could have been for us after all the rumours. If Killie stay up it's solely down to him.

Maybe if Killy drop down he will be looking for a Premiership club ?

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

and hopefully has no future with us 

Agreed,surely alexander won't be looking to bring him back.we need a couple of wingers that we can rely on,there's been far to many of late that have offered very little and hastie this season falls into that.

8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Maybe if Killy drop down he will be looking for a Premiership club ?

While there's no doubt he's been on a good we run the past few weeks, you might want to check out his stats over the past few season (or longer). Ryan Bowman has a better scoring record.

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

While there's no doubt he's been on a good we run the past few weeks, you might want to check out his stats over the past few season (or longer). Ryan Bowman has a better scoring record.

He's 2 goals short of Bowman's total for us over 2 and a half seasons. All about levels, and over the years, the SPL would appear to be Lafferty's.

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Did you just compare someone with 20 international goals to Ryan Bowman?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Whatever problems he has to sort out over the summer, however poor we can still look at times, when you think of where we were after the Hamilton New Year game....

After that game to think Champman was our number 1 ,we looked so so terrible its a miracle where we are.

I honestly think if Robinson left about 6 weeks before he quit we would have finished in the top 6.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Did you just compare someone with 20 international goals to Ryan Bowman?

I compared 2 players who have played in the Premiership in recent years with similar goal scoring records to show what Lafferty has offered his previous employers.

That was to back up the point I was making.

The point I was making (in case it wasn't clear) is that, despite his recent mini run of goals, his career stats are less impressive than some people may think they are.

For example, before joining Kilmarnock, Lafferty had racked up 42 league goals in his previous eight and half seasons.

tl;dr yes.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I compared 2 players who have played in the Premiership in recent years with similar goal scoring records to show what Lafferty has offered his previous employers.

That was to back up the point I was making.

The point I was making (in case it wasn't clear) is that, despite his recent mini run of goals, his career stats are less impressive than some people may think they are.

For example, before joining Kilmarnock, Lafferty had racked up 42 league goals in his previous eight and half seasons.

tl;dr yes.

I get what you're saying regarding his goal scoring record elsewhere, but Lafferty's scored 70 goals in Scotland. How long would Bowman take to rack up that many? 

And during those seasons Lafferty's played in the top divisions in Turkey and Switzerland, Serie B, the English Premiership and Championship. No wonder he hits a run of goals everytime he washes up in Scotland. Same way Bowman starts hitting the net more often when he moves to League 2.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

BBC highlights on the website: Missed out Long's goal .... Decided to go with only the goals and missed penalty, nothing else. United's first, missed pen, their second, ......... Devante's net buster. Seems like a shocking oversight. Embarrassing.

Can you imagine the seethe if they managed to do that for either of the OF.

Yeah I just noticed that when watching them this morning. No doubt they will fix it, but pretty poor from the BBC!