5/5/2010

Wee Alpha

Thought this might bring back memories :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Wee Alpha said:

Thought this might bring back memories :)

Stayed right to the end, what a night that was, and that strike from Jutkewicz in injury time, what can you say, one of the best goals I've seen in my lifetime. :notworthy:

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Same here, I blame Forbes for missing the penalty,  the Jukes screamer could have been the winner.

Indeed. As great as it was at the time, and utterly mental the celebrations at the sixth goal, had we actually gone on to win that game 7-6 having been 6-2 down with something like half an hour remaining then it truly would have been one of our best ever results and a magnificent win. 

I remember leaving Fir Park having witnessed what I thought was the greatest spectacle in the history of football only to find my old man absolutely raging. Scoring six goals at home and still not a win or words to that effect. 

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:39 AM, Yabba's Turd said:

If Forbes scores the game fizzles out 6-6

Agreed. That finish from Juke, I had actually moved down to the front of the cooper so was right behind the net. From the noise of him smacking the ball to the sound of it stretching the net whilst the hapless lump Graeme Smith went edgeways was incredible. 

On a note, I seem to remember when Smith screwed it and gave away the penalty one individual running over the wall in the Cooper to give Smith the fingers :lol:. Only for Forbes to smack the post :angry:.