Allan Campbell

SteelmaninOZ

29 minutes ago, santheman said:

Anywhere except the SPL. I couldn't handle that

I hope he's got more ambition than that.

That was the biggest disappointment for me when Turnbull left. Of course we all knew he was going to Celtic, but it felt like the easy option. Guys like Faddy and McAllister (or even Moult, Scott and Kipré) changed leagues in an effort to expand and develop their careers.

34 minutes ago, santheman said:

Anywhere except the SPL. I couldn't handle that

That all depends on who wants him, you can only choose a club from the offers you get, so if he wants away from Motherwell and its only say Hibs or Aberdeen in for him then he will  go where the money is. 

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

That all depends on who wants him, you can only choose a club from the offers you get, so if he wants away from Motherwell and its only say Hibs or Aberdeen in for him then he will  go where the money is. 

If that turns out to be the case, he should fire his agent.

33 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Only if their prepared to pay the development fee.

55 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Only if their prepared to pay the development fee.

This.  We are due 10 years training compensation for wee Al.

image.png.63145dc6fce770a4f961fdbe8376feb6.png

So assuming he goes to Championship or stays in Scottish Premiership we ought to be due 10 x 60K Euros.  600,000 Euros.  Would we get much more for him if he was contracted ?  maybe a £1m but that would be it imho. 

I assume he must have a firm offer otherwise he would be daft to turn down our offer. 

Edit to add - could either Hibs or Aberdeen afford 600K Euros.  To be fair if Hibs win the Cup then they would be due £3m potentially from Europa/Conference League. 

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I hope he's got more ambition than that.

That was the biggest disappointment for me when Turnbull left. Of course we all knew he was going to Celtic, but it felt like the easy option. Guys like Faddy and McAllister (or even Moult, Scott and Kipré) changed leagues in an effort to expand and develop their careers.

True, though do you think McAllister had much choice in the matter back then?

49 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

What a cracking player he's been for us over the last 5 years or so.

He's conducted himself brilliantly. Although clear that he was leaving there's been no public outreach of "come and get me".  It's all be very professional. 

Wish him the best of success. 

This*

When you compare how he's handled himself compared to you know who, he'll always be held in the highest esteem by every Well fan and I hope he goes onto bigger and better things(preferably down south)

14 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

True, though do you think McAllister had much choice in the matter back then?

I know players didn't have as much power back then, but I don't think we could have made him sign. Probably just "strongly encouraged".

I noticed today that a Derby County player picked up a payout from 2019 for unfair dismissal. The report says that he was on £24k a week plus bonuses, which just goes to show the huge pay hike you can get from a middling Championship team.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I know players didn't have as much power back then, but I don't think we could have made him sign. Probably just "strongly encouraged".

I noticed today that a Derby County player picked up a payout from 2019 for unfair dismissal. The report says that he was on £24k a week plus bonuses, which just goes to show the huge pay hike you can get from a middling Championship team.

Encouraged by Ally Mauchlen....

I find those kinda wages ludicrous, especially at that level. And they complain about the Super League stealing the working man's game.

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

This.  We are due 10 years training compensation for wee Al.

image.png.63145dc6fce770a4f961fdbe8376feb6.png

So assuming he goes to Championship or stays in Scottish Premiership we ought to be due 10 x 60K Euros.  600,000 Euros.  Would we get much more for him if he was contracted ?  maybe a £1m but that would be it imho. 

I assume he must have a firm offer otherwise he would be daft to turn down our offer. 

Edit to add - could either Hibs or Aberdeen afford 600K Euros.  To be fair if Hibs win the Cup then they would be due £3m potentially from Europa/Conference League. 

I think the Development Fee only applies if a cross border move is involved. So it applies if he heads to Millwall, But it is sometimes better for the Clubs to agree terms independent of the Development Fee thing, so that add ons such as future transfer % can be included. 

If AC goes to Hibs, the Clubs either agree terms or it heads to an SFA Tribunal as happened with Ferguson to Aberdeen. And that's a one off, no add ons, no appeal fee. We did a deal with Rangers over Hastie rather than risk that Lottery.

Also when a few of our youngsters moved to England, Motherwell and Clubs such as Leeds and Norwich agreed terms rather than stick to the Development Fee guidelines. . When Hibs signed John McGinn after his St Mirren contract expired they agreed a reduced Development Fee but agreed a 30%  share for Saints on any transfer fee if he left Hibs. That worked out pretty well for Saint Mirren and far better than the Development Fee terms would have brought in. I guess it's a gamble but if a Club believes a player is likely to increase in value then a % of future transfers may be the best long term option. Again looking at McGinn, Hibs will rake in a 25% share if /when he gets his big move away from Villa. I don't know if Saints are due any of that, but they might be if that was agreed way back.

Over to you Mr Burrows.

2 hours ago, dennyc said:

I think the Development Fee only applies if a cross border move is involved. So it applies if he heads to Millwall, But it is sometimes better for the Clubs to agree terms independent of the Development Fee thing, so that add ons such as future transfer % can be included. 

If AC goes to Hibs, the Clubs either agree terms or it heads to an SFA Tribunal as happened with Ferguson to Aberdeen. And that's a one off, no add ons, no appeal fee. We did a deal with Rangers over Hastie rather than risk that Lottery.

Also when a few of our youngsters moved to England, Motherwell and Clubs such as Leeds and Norwich agreed terms rather than stick to the Development Fee guidelines. . When Hibs signed John McGinn after his St Mirren contract expired they agreed a reduced Development Fee but agreed a 30%  share for Saints on any transfer fee if he left Hibs. That worked out pretty well for Saint Mirren and far better than the Development Fee terms would have brought in. I guess it's a gamble but if a Club believes a player is likely to increase in value then a % of future transfers may be the best long term option. Again looking at McGinn, Hibs will rake in a 25% share if /when he gets his big move away from Villa. I don't know if Saints are due any of that, but they might be if that was agreed way back.

Over to you Mr Burrows.

If he goes to Hibs nobody else was interested.

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If he goes to Hibs nobody else was interested.

Or he might fancy winning trophies, European football, staying close to home and trebling his wages. Wherever he ends up I wish him nothing but success.