Season 2020’21: Game 38: Ross County (H)

Andy_P

Finishing 7th and above St Mirren would be great so hopefully we go for the win. No doubt weeyin will  be posting soon telling us to beware of Jordan Whyte coming back to  haunt us with an injury time equaliser to get RC the point they need to avoid the playoff spot.

In in a bit of dilemma on this one.

Love the away day at Dingwall but they bring next to heehaw in terms of support

Chance to potentially get rid of another shite plastic pitch but Killie usually bring a good support

Decisions decisions

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Chance to potentially get rid of another shite plastic pitch but Killie usually bring a good support

Decisions decisions

Shite plastic pitch must go

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, santheman said:

Decisions decisions

As much h as I would like to get rid of the plastic pitch  if Killie end up in the playoff spot, they won't go down, they will beat Dundee (or Raith if they win the 2nd leg 4-0). I think Hamilton  have been the only championship team to be promoted since the playoffs started  so it all favours the premiership teams.

The same will apply to RC if they end up 11th I can't see either of them going down tbh.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Finishing 7th and above St Mirren would be great so hopefully we go for the win. No doubt weeyin will  be posting soon telling us to beware of Jordan Whyte coming back to  haunt us with an injury time equaliser to get RC the point they need to avoid the playoff spot.

Eh? I'm in the "back to haunt us is a pure myth" camp. (Unless you were joking, in which case I'm in the "back to haunt us is a pure myth, but I'm a bit gullible" camp.

I agree that whoever finishes 11th is almost guaranteed to stay up. The play-offs were designed to massively favour the  Premiership team.

As long as we don't make too many changes to the team, I think we'll win this by the odd goal or two, even if wee Al is still out injured.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

As much h as I would like to get rid of the plastic pitch  if Killie end up in the playoff spot, they won't go down, they will beat Dundee (or Raith if they win the 2nd leg 4-0). I think Hamilton  have been the only championship team to be promoted since the playoffs started  so it all favours the premiership teams.

The same will apply to RC if they end up 11th I can't see either of them going down tbh.

You're right, the chances of either of them getting beat in the playoffs are virtually nil so doesn't really matter which one ends up there.

We win and we're a minimum of 65k richer so that's what we do.

21 hours ago, santheman said:

You're right, the chances of either of them getting beat in the playoffs are virtually nil so doesn't really matter which one ends up there.

We win and we're a minimum of 65k richer so that's what we do.

Charlie Adam was playing passes like prime Paul Scholes the other night so I wouldn't rule Dundee out. 

County got gubbed by ICT in the cup. Killie are pish. 

In many ways it is the season that never was. Watching the whole season unfold on TV, with no fans at the games and no atmosphere has highlighted how poor the quality of the Scottish game has become. There was very little quality football played and not very much to get excited about.

Let's hope that next season sees better football played, with fans in their seats creating an atmosphere that motivates the players.

COYW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MFCL84 said:

In many ways it is the season that never was. Watching the whole season unfold on TV, with no fans at the games and no atmosphere has highlighted how poor the quality of the Scottish game has become. There was very little quality football played and not very much to get excited about.

You sound like Neil Doncaster.

never mind the firbaw thats secondry to a few pints b4 the game n happy  swally after it if we win    + you can catch the highlights on a sunday    ita all about your sat out wi yir fellow well fans n catching up with the banter. its just not the same with 6 cans of cooncil lager listening to jock broon n stevie kirks mundane voices :) :) 

• Andy_P locked this topic