Jump to content

Andy_P

Season 2020’21: Game 38: Ross County (H)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

Development has to change given reserve football won’t feature again next season.

Debateable that reserve football in Scotland serves any purpose & it’s arguable our development players need to play within an environment with a competitive edge.

Totally agree,the plan should be to get any of our young boys that have been in and around the first team squad this season out on loan,I would rather they were playing competitive games than just making up the numbers for us on a match days.im getting a bit ahead of myself here but Johnstone should be seen as the longer term replacement for o'donnell and giving his young age a season or two out on loan to develop should be the plan if he's as highly rated by alexander as he mentioned earlier in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Alexander said he wanted 2 players for every position. What's the point in chucking Johnston, then hunting for someone else who will still be behind O'Donnell in the queue?

Not a chance he’d be let go when BIG English outfits are on the hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mfc said:

Totally agree,the plan should be to get any of our young boys that have been in and around the first team squad this season out on loan,I would rather they were playing competitive games than just making up the numbers for us on a match days.im getting a bit ahead of myself here but Johnstone should be seen as the longer term replacement for o'donnell and giving his young age a season or two out on loan to develop should be the plan if he's as highly rated by alexander as he mentioned earlier in the season.

As I alluded to he’s highly rated by a lot more than Alexander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not a chance he’d be let go when BIG English outfits are on the hunt

So another one off South as he approaches age 17? I'm guessing by "BIG" you might be hinting at Liverpool  as they already have shown a keen interest in our youngsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dennyc said:

So another one off South as he approaches age 17? I'm guessing by "BIG" you might be hinting at Liverpool  as they already have shown a keen interest in our youngsters.

Let’s not be too hasty, but, there’s always that chance given the regard our academy is held in. Not uncommon at each level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Clap for someone who downed tools and like Vigurs. Even the most ironic of our fans  wouldn’t revel in that.

It’s happened plenty of times when Vigurs has played and scored against us at Fir Park since he left us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Development has to change given reserve football won’t feature again next season.

Debateable that reserve football in Scotland serves any purpose & it’s arguable our development players need to play within an environment with a competitive edge.

The way things are going it'll be colt teams in the lower leagues, this seems like the favoured plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stephmc1886 said:

The way things are going it'll be colt teams in the lower leagues, this seems like the favoured plan!

A favoured plan, yes, but not for the likes of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

It’s happened plenty of times when Vigurs has played and scored against us at Fir Park since he left us.

Anyone else witnessed this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the kind of thing I'd have read about on here if it happened multiple times. Vigurs hardly left us on good terms so I'd be surprised.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I do remember some folk applaud a Vigurs goal when he ended up at Inverness after he recovered from his bad back. We got beat 3-1 and he scored the third, it was a corner floated right over everyone and Vigurs connected with the ball on the edge of the box and slung it right into the corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stephmc1886 said:

The way things are going it'll be colt teams in the lower leagues, this seems like the favoured plan!

Only for the ugly sisters, who are both paying 25k each to the lowland league to buy a place for 1 season only, hoping they will get promoted and into league 2 by the back door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Only for the ugly sisters, who are both paying 25k each to the lowland league to buy a place for 1 season only, hoping they will get promoted and into league 2 by the back door.

The proposal is that they cannot be promoted.....or relegated. And if our youngsters were able to play in such a competitive League on the same basis it would be far better than them sitting on a bench purely to make up numbers, and getting no or very limited game time. In fact it would be £25k well invested. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
can yodo start a   WHO CAN GTF thread ?? av got a few names for it 
Hopefully you are on it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dennyc said:

The proposal is that they cannot be promoted.....or relegated. And if our youngsters were able to play in such a competitive League on the same basis it would be far better than them sitting on a bench purely to make up numbers, and getting no or very limited game time. In fact it would be £25k well invested. 

More than just a proposal

Been agreed by a majority of the LL clubs and just to be ratified at their AGM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dennyc said:

The proposal is that they cannot be promoted.....or relegated. And if our youngsters were able to play in such a competitive League on the same basis it would be far better than them sitting on a bench purely to make up numbers, and getting no or very limited game time. In fact it would be £25k well invested. 

So they will be taking up 2  places in the LL that means that 2 clubs further down the pyramid will be denied or can't afford the 25k its feckin nonsense. Once again Scottish football is pandering to the uglies.and their cash

If they want there reserve teams to get some competition enter them into one of the feeder leagues lower down the pyramid and see how they do to earn promotion on merit like every other club has to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Kids who are leaving are natural wasteage & unlikely many will have heard of.

That was from last weeks’ list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

So they will be taking up 2  places in the LL that means that 2 clubs further down the pyramid will be denied or can't afford the 25k its feckin nonsense. Once again Scottish football is pandering to the uglies.and their cash

If they want there reserve teams to get some competition enter them into one of the feeder leagues lower down the pyramid and see how they do to earn promotion on merit like every other club has to do.

The plan as it stands is for one year only. Beyond that, who knows. If an agreement is reached, fair and reasonable terms can be worked out.

The Leagues below Lowland League level opted to "Nul and Void"  last season and chose not to nominate a team for promotion.  I think 3 sixth tier clubs usually play off for the Lowland League promotion. So neither Celtic or Rangers are denying any deserving team a move up via the pyramid system next season. In addition The Lowland League Board have emphasised that promotion and relegation will continue to be a feature of their League, whether or not the Old Firm colts are included. And there is also a guarantee that the OF Colts cannot be promoted into the level above Lowland League. If the total number of teams in that League were increased by two for future seasons it would have no effect whatsoever on the Pyramid System.

I don't particularly agree with their Colts coming in at that level, but I don't blame either Club for looking after their interests in a way that also benefits those other clubs in the League. I do wonder though if your objection is because of who is involved. Would your feelings be so strong if it was Motherwell and Hibs Colts? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kat said:

Funnily enough I do remember some folk applaud a Vigurs goal when he ended up at Inverness after he recovered from his bad back. We got beat 3-1 and he scored the third, it was a corner floated right over everyone and Vigurs connected with the ball on the edge of the box and slung it right into the corner. 

It was a great goal!! 

My memory of that day was of Motherwell putting in another one of those 'worst performances ever' that they tend to do every single season for as long as I can remember. 

It was a game of utter dross punctuated by a moment of magic. If you pay  to go to the football to be entertained and the team you are there to support offer absolutely nothing by way of quality or entertainment then why not enjoy the one piece of magic the game has to offer. 

I don't remember clapping and I don't remember anybody around me clapping either but at least it was a moment of entertaining football in what was otherwise a shipwreck of a football match. 

You pay your money and enjoy the football the way you want to enjoy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dennyc said:

The plan as it stands is for one year only. Beyond that, who knows. If an agreement is reached, fair and reasonable terms can be worked out.

The Leagues below Lowland League level opted to "Nul and Void"  last season and chose not to nominate a team for promotion.  I think 3 sixth tier clubs usually play off for the Lowland League promotion. So neither Celtic or Rangers are denying any deserving team a move up via the pyramid system next season. In addition The Lowland League Board have emphasised that promotion and relegation will continue to be a feature of their League, whether or not the Old Firm colts are included. And there is also a guarantee that the OF Colts cannot be promoted into the level above Lowland League. If the total number of teams in that League were increased by two for future seasons it would have no effect whatsoever on the Pyramid System.

I don't particularly agree with their Colts coming in at that level, but I don't blame either Club for looking after their interests in a way that also benefits those other clubs in the League. I do wonder though if your objection is because of who is involved. Would your feelings be so strong if it was Motherwell and Hibs Colts? 

I object because of exactly who they are. Our league is a two horse race and all this does is widen the gap even further. So the proposal is a further 40 odd players blood themselves in the lower leagues to hopefully progress to the big team. They already hoover up kids because of who they are and their "popularity", it is common knowledge but unspoken of how they are limited to the number of kids they can have on their books so have shadow squads, parents none the wiser. 

They agreed on a SPFL 11-1 voting structure, investigate every option that presents itself to cut loose, bemoan wee teams in finals getting a half share of seats, whinge about TV rights and how they're kneecapped financially against other European teams. Scotland is their home but they'd relocate to Spain faster than a Post Office armed robber.

If it is deemed that a Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd colts entering lower leagues would enhance their first teams and therefore make the top league more competitive then I'm all for it at the expense of the OF. I'm sure the 100,000 regular attendee's from the rest of the clubs that make up 45% of the total OF (55k at Ibrox 25% and 65k at Parkhead 30%) are a sizable lobby group and fed up of their crap.

Don't let any trickle down wealth bullshit con anyone, it has not worked in society evident by the wealth gap growing and poverty rampant.

Fuck them and the bigoted boat they sailed up the Clyde in.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

I object because of exactly who they are. Our league is a two horse race and all this does is widen the gap even further. So the proposal is a further 40 odd players blood themselves in the lower leagues to hopefully progress to the big team. They already hoover up kids because of who they are and their "popularity", it is common knowledge but unspoken of how they are limited to the number of kids they can have on their books so have shadow squads, parents none the wiser. 

They agreed on a SPFL 11-1 voting structure, investigate every option that presents itself to cut loose, bemoan wee teams in finals getting a half share of seats, whinge about TV rights and how they're kneecapped financially against other European teams. Scotland is their home but they'd relocate to Spain faster than a Post Office armed robber.

If it is deemed that a Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd colts entering lower leagues would enhance their first teams and therefore make the top league more competitive then I'm all for it at the expense of the OF. I'm sure the 100,000 regular attendee's from the rest of the clubs that make up 45% of the total OF (55k at Ibrox 25% and 65k at Parkhead 30%) are a sizable lobby group and fed up of their crap.

Don't let any trickle down wealth bullshit con anyone, it has not worked in society evident by the wealth gap growing and poverty rampant.

Fuck them and the bigoted boat they sailed up the Clyde in.

So its not the principle then?  If it was Motherwell, all well and good. And I'm sure Motherwell would jump at the chance if it fell their way. But one of those two and it's wrong. 

Certainly answers my question though. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

I object because of exactly who they are. Our league is a two horse race and all this does is widen the gap even further. So the proposal is a further 40 odd players blood themselves in the lower leagues to hopefully progress to the big team. They already hoover up kids because of who they are and their "popularity", it is common knowledge but unspoken of how they are limited to the number of kids they can have on their books so have shadow squads, parents none the wiser. 

They agreed on a SPFL 11-1 voting structure, investigate every option that presents itself to cut loose, bemoan wee teams in finals getting a half share of seats, whinge about TV rights and how they're kneecapped financially against other European teams. Scotland is their home but they'd relocate to Spain faster than a Post Office armed robber.

If it is deemed that a Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd colts entering lower leagues would enhance their first teams and therefore make the top league more competitive then I'm all for it at the expense of the OF. I'm sure the 100,000 regular attendee's from the rest of the clubs that make up 45% of the total OF (55k at Ibrox 25% and 65k at Parkhead 30%) are a sizable lobby group and fed up of their crap.

Don't let any trickle down wealth bullshit con anyone, it has not worked in society evident by the wealth gap growing and poverty rampant.

Fuck them and the bigoted boat they sailed up the Clyde in.

Don't sit on the fence bud tell us how you really feel..:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The principle is they will become better and richer and the gap opens up further. A solution to make our league more competitive is not to help Rangers and Celtic further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dennyc said:

I do wonder though if your objection is because of who is involved. Would your feelings be so strong if it was Motherwell and Hibs Colts? 

Yes, my objection is exactly because of who is involved, as explained by G&F's Post I agree with all he said, they are a cancer on Scottish football  with their bigoted we can do what we like attitude and get away with it as the weekend events in Glasgow demonstrated with the blue uglies.

So why should leagues be disrupted, just to develop players for Rangers and Celtic, with no benefit to any other club or Scottish football in general.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×