Fantasy Football - Euro's

Goggles & Flippers

Posting here as there is an element of raising money for MFC, also it may get more traction and therefore more involved in "Club Chat".

Official Euro 2020 app has a fantasy football element that seems pretty slick (however it has Steven Fletcher available as a striker). Wondering if there would be much interest in starting a mini-league for SOL?

Happy to consider a just for fun option or a £5/10 buy in with half the prize money spread among 1st to 3rd and the other half either donated to the club or go towards a season ticket for someone hard on their luck.

Thoughts on either option and buy in amount welcome.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Just saw Southgate announced his provisional 33 man squad to be cut by 7 for the final 26 to go to the Euro's (to be announced on the 1st of June). Can't fathom why Steve Clarke didn't do the same to see directly what Griffiths and Gauld had about them.

Griffiths is someone you would question signing for us these days and we only have 1 striker and he can't score...

Gauld is a decent shout.

He's 30 years old and if it wasn't for his breakdown and pie eating he would have played a lot more often in Celtic teams of the past few years, to suggest he's below our level is crazy. I'd suspect most Motherwell fans would bite your hand off for a player of his ability if not his his desire to be the other side of the coin to Gazza in the 90's getting involved in as much sectarian shit as many of the OF's support.

5 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Just saw Southgate announced his provisional 33 man squad to be cut by 7 for the final 26 to go to the Euro's (to be announced on the 1st of June). Can't fathom why Steve Clarke didn't do the same to see directly what Griffiths and Gauld had about them.

I'm actually quite pleased that Clarke has been decisive in who he wants to take...

...Southgate has real problems with who to leave out. Of his 33 man squad 4 are right backs, Walker, TAA, Trippier and James. Havent a clue how he whittles that down to 2

15 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm actually quite pleased that Clarke has been decisive in who he wants to take...

...Southgate has real problems with who to leave out. Of his 33 man squad 4 are right backs, Walker, TAA, Trippier and James. Havent a clue how he whittles that down to 2

You take Trippier as No.1 then James as back up.

8 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Hes had all season to watch them

Yeah play independently of each other at their clubs. You're looking to see who can gel quickly and effectivdly in a short period of time.

Well Griffiths hasn't featured much and unless he has Portuguese satellite telly I doubt he's seen that much of Gauld. Obviously videos are available but I think not being front and centre weekly in a highlights package counts against him. Is Nisbet much better than him?

Would you prefer a zoom call or a face to face?

I for one think seeing players interact with those around them both on and off the field can influence their inclusion. Che Adams is a shoe in due to the pedigree of his club but if in training Griffiths made him look like yer Granny up front, I'd go with Griffiths.

Clarke has spent a fair bit of time with the vast majority of the 26man squad, the new guys like Turnbull and Gilmour will now be the ones to try and catch his eye...he doesn't need a waster like Griffiths and Gauld, despite having a good season  is effectively trying to break into our strongest department. After those two you are literally looking at Considine and Palmer, who have both been bombed out for a reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee bump based on the warm up friendlies now complete. Tierney looks on form, Gilmore added something when he came on, Dykes has to convert workrate into goals and everyone who plys their trade in the premiership seems to worthy of a start .... sadly for the SPFL.

I’d also opt for Cooper in that defence. I can’t see a former player playing unless there’s a major injury or were resting players before the last 16 ......

There’s only three teams in the SOL fantasy league. Get involved folks.

On 5/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, Goggles & Flippers said:

Posting here as there is an element of raising money for MFC, also it may get more traction and therefore more involved in "Club Chat".

Official Euro 2020 app has a fantasy football element that seems pretty slick (however it has Steven Fletcher available as a striker). Wondering if there would be much interest in starting a mini-league for SOL?

Happy to consider a just for fun option or a £5/10 buy in with half the prize money spread among 1st to 3rd and the other half either donated to the club or go towards a season ticket for someone hard on their luck.

Thoughts on either option and buy in amount welcome.

I’ve joined. Happy to play for fun or chuck in £5/10.