League Cup 2021'22 Campaign

Andy_P

6 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

First game with fans back in would ideally be Airdrie at Fir Park. And we pump them.

Get 21/22 season kicked off with a feel good factor.

Airdrie at home

East Kilbride Away

Clyde at home 

Ayr away 

That would do me.

There is little to no chance of fans being back inside stadiums by July, Covid cases are rising sharply again.

But that aside at would be good to play Airdrie again, as long as we beat them.

10 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

First game with fans back in would ideally be Airdrie at Fir Park. And we pump them.

Get 21/22 season kicked off with a feel good factor.

Airdrie at home

East Kilbride Away

Clyde at home 

Ayr away 

That would do me.

Is the assumption that July/August will see home fans only possibly season ticket holders only, anyone got grander expectations?

Transfer window opens 9th June. Closes 31st August.

Given they're having 16k at Murrayfield on June 26th which is around 1/4 of capacity I don't see why they can't have 3.5k to 4k at Fir Park for the league Cup games nearly a month later and realistically I can't see more than 4k  people wanting to watch us play in a league Cup group stage game.

8 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Given they're having 16k at Murrayfield on June 26th which is around 1/4 of capacity I don't see why they can't have 3.5k to 4k at Fir Park for the league Cup games nearly a month later and realistically I can't see more than 4k  people wanting to watch us play in a league Cup group stage game.

My thoughts exactly.

57 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Surely you mean 'slams shut' on 31st August

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Not disagreeing on the numbers, it’s how it’ll be managed that’s of interest to me.

Are folks that desperate to see live action they would socially distance in all four corners of the ground? That’s not a matchday experience for me & I’d wager many others will be of similar thought.

Grown to like having my father sat alongside - that’s ‘our’ time. No interaction amongst the friends and regulars around me another sticking point that would see me drift.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Not disagreeing on the numbers, it’s how it’ll be managed that’s of interest to me.

Are folks that desperate to see live action they would socially distance in all four corners of the ground? That’s not a matchday experience for me & I’d wager many others will be of similar thought.

Grown to like having my father sat alongside - that’s ‘our’ time. No interaction amongst the friends and regulars around me another sticking point that would see me drift.

Thats a more interesting question. I know for the play off games (well at least the Dundee vs Killie game) they had all the 500 fans in attendance in the one stand behind the goal but how it was managed beyond that I've no idea. 

I've kinda assumed you would both get your usual seat and with the usual folk you sit near and also that the full stadium would be utilised, clearly you can't have both. 

Can see people especially annoyed having to go to the South stand as the entrance is so far away from all the other stands, you can't just fall out the fir park club and end up in the queue.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/05/28/premier-sports-cup-draw-2/?fbclid=IwAR0CdKG-Lqs7XUi9lBxdRfKcXlH12Efj6Y-P0vlY2l5aENOfpGpdWLdy63U

Motherwell will face Queen of the South, Airdrieonians, Annan Athletic and Queen’s Park in the group stage of the 2021/22 Premier Sports Cup.

The Steelmen return to competitive action in July for the four cup matches in Group F.

Fixture dates for the competition will be confirmed shortly, with the first match falling on the weekend of July 10/11.

PREMIER SPORTS 2021/22 GROUP STAGE DRAW

Motherwell

Queen of the South

Airdrieonians

Annan Athletic

Queen’s Park

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Looking forward to the comments about how dreadful we look in these games after 2 weeks of preseason training

Looking forward to your comments when it clicks about three of the four opponents having those plastic pitches you were so delighted we wouldn't be playing on next season...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

QoS are a decent side but  it's a very good draw for us, can't see us having much trouble with any of the teams, plus it's been a while since we played and pumped Airdrie, so here's hoping

Don’t want to rain on your parade........the last couple of times we played Airdrieonians/ Airdrie United(Clydebank) in the league cup they have beaten us twice ......2-1 1994 & 2001

24 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Looking forward to your comments when it clicks about three of the four opponents having those plastic pitches you were so delighted we wouldn't be playing on next season...

I'm more interested to see if the supposed vote to ban them in the Premiership actually happens. That would be a huge step forward. I don't worry as much about what the wee teams like Annan and Killie do. We'll be back at Hampden soon though, I hope.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

QoS are a decent side but  it's a very good draw for us, can't see us having much trouble with any of the teams, plus it's been a while since we played and pumped Airdrie, so here's hoping

There’s a statement of faith. I hope you are right since we really don’t know what our team will look like yet :blush: