Killie Players Released

Goggles & Flippers

Would anyone see any value in any of the players listed, only if they are better what we've got:

New Contracts Offered (free agents):

• Kyle Lafferty
  • Ross Millen
  • Greg Kiltie
  • Mitch Pinnock
  • Calum Waters
  • Tomas Brindley
  • Kyle Connell

Unsure of Future:

• Chris Burke
  • Kirk Broadfoot

Players leaving

• Diaguely Dabo
  • Gary Dicker
  • Clevid Dikamona
  • Nicke Kabamba
  • Youssouf Mulumbu
  • George Oakley
  • Danny Rogers
  • Ally Taylor
  • Aaron Tshibola
  • Danny Whitehall

Loan deals ending

• Colin Doyle (Hearts)
  • Zeno Ibsen Rossi (Bournemouth)
  • Zech Medley (Arsenal)
  • Brandon Pierrick (Crystal Palace)

Killie are not cutting their budget next season despite relegation. Their budget will therefore still be a wee bit more than ours. Apparently, they had similar off the field problems to us i.e. lack of character and dressing room unrest. I'd therefore be wary of signing many of their players. 

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Guy I work with is killie fan and said Tshibola was rotten this season 

Can only go with the games I saw him in and he looked quite good but obviously not the same as watching him all season.

Big, strong and kicks fuck out of anyone who comes near him.

1 hour ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Would anyone see any value in any of the players listed, only if they are better what we've got:

New Contracts Offered (free agents):

• Kyle Lafferty
  • Ross Millen
  • Greg Kiltie
  • Mitch Pinnock
  • Calum Waters
  • Tomas Brindley
  • Kyle Connell

Unsure of Future:

• Chris Burke
  • Kirk Broadfoot

Players leaving

• Diaguely Dabo
  • Gary Dicker
  • Clevid Dikamona
  • Nicke Kabamba
  • Youssouf Mulumbu
  • George Oakley
  • Danny Rogers
  • Ally Taylor
  • Aaron Tshibola
  • Danny Whitehall

Loan deals ending

• Colin Doyle (Hearts)
  • Zeno Ibsen Rossi (Bournemouth)
  • Zech Medley (Arsenal)
  • Brandon Pierrick (Crystal Palace)

The players are being released for a reason, it may be financial but I'm going for they are basically shit and have contributed nothing all season resulting in relegation.

So why should we be thinking of signing any of them, we have just got rid of our own dross, no need to replace them with killies dross. 

So for me we should be looking elsewhere the money would be better spent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

The players are being released for a reason, it may be financial but I'm going for they are basically shit and have contributed nothing all season resulting in relegation.

So why should we be thinking of signing any of them, we have just got rid of our own dross, no need to replace them with killies dross. 

There are of course others that they want to retain but probably won’t if Premiership teams come in. There are always a small number of good players in any squad that have simply lost confidence and form after a poor season. I would not personally write everyone off.

38 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Killie will be paying mid Premiership wages and will certainly top lower half salaries. 9

I guess it depends on that balance between wages and wanting to carry on playing in the Premiership.

7 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

I know not everyone agrees, but if there is any possibility of signing Lafferty we should be snapping him up.

Likewise Tshibola and Mulumbu.

Mulumbu yeah? Who's 34, started 10 and came off the bench in 11 due to fitness concerns (BBC Article), and went AWOL before the two leg playoff because he couldn't be arsed. Good shout. That gets the same round of applause you claim Vigurs got.

As for the comments on the players being tainted because they were relegated, here's a hypothetical:

Say back in January we couldn't secure a keeper and had to see out the season with Chapman. We end up relegated, does that mean Tony Watt is tainted because he was unable to contribute due to injury? Is Alan Campbell suddenly pish? In a shitty season there are always some who avoid criticism and kids who have promise. To rule them out universally is a knee-jerk and naive.

I'm pretty sure I could put my house on between the two relegated teams there's as least 4x OOC or released players who offer more than our current personnel or are exciting and offer major hopes of pushing on in the right environment, system and coaching.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Mulumbu yeah? Who's 34, started 10 and came off the bench in 11 due to fitness concerns (BBC Article), and went AWOL before the two leg playoff because he couldn't be arsed. Good shout. That gets the same round of applause you claim Vigurs got.

As for the comments on the players being tainted because they were relegated, here's a hypothetical:

Say back in January we couldn't secure a keeper and had to see out the season with Chapman. We end up relegated, does that mean Tony Watt is tainted because he was unable to contribute due to injury? Is Alan Campbell suddenly pish? In a shitty season there are always some who avoid criticism and kids who have promise. To rule them out universally is a knee-jerk and naive.

I'm pretty sure I could put my house on between the two relegated teams there's as least 4x OOC or released players who offer more than our current personnel or are exciting and offer major hopes of pushing on in the right environment, system and coaching.

This argument has absolutely zero traction for me, take hearts last year, i'd probably have taken half their squad if I was given the option.

on the Killie players, Lafferty, that's it, I think the rest are either not what we are looking for, or getting on a bit.

10 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

As I've said elsewhere on here, Lafferty is 34 this year.  Comes into the getting on a bit category...?

he probably does, however he has scored 12 goals since march so you could probably make an exception on him, more than any on our squad scored the full season.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:47 AM, Busta Nut said:

Pretty sure Lafferty is known for being distinctly average until about March. Then he hits his stride.

End of the day I’m pretty sure if we were to sign Lafferty there would be a level of excitement. Having said that my first choice would still be the return of Cole.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Spiderpig said:

Roberts was shit and did nothing at Hearts and was 'released' on loan to us.  Certainly wasn't the worst player we brought in this season.

Think your take is a bit basic.

I'd take Lafferty in a heartbeat and Kiltie is decent.  Guys like Tshibola and Dicker might have had poor seasons but they have proved themselves in the league previously.

I'd be delighted if we were bringing in players much superior to the above but recent transfer windows would suggest otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...