Stevie O'D

grizzlyg

Take a bow Stephen O’Donnell, an outstanding contribution to an excellent team performance. He’s had to take some unwarranted criticism from notorious sections of the media over the last week and shut every one of them up tonight. Huge credit to Stevie Clarke too, kept his cool all week, defended all his players, and produced a textbook performance that we can all be proud of.

Here’s to me monitoring the UEFA ticket portal for the next three days. 

6 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Great game tonight - I had questioned his attacking ability but fair play he was more a goal threat than Sterling Foden and grealish combined. Bravo sir 

I had him in a bet builder t score anytime at 25's..near shit maself when ball fell t him..but hes going t get chances arriving late wi the quality of robertson and Tierney on opposite side...ill have another go on Tuesday..u never know

• Thanks 1

Stephen O'Donnel was excellent tonight. In saying that it's the sort of game that suits him.

Maybe Patterson or Forrest would have done a better job on Monday against the Czechs (who knew we would try and take the game to them and dominate the ball) but tonight O'Donnel was the right pick and would always be the right pick based on how the game would go.

Stephen O'Donnel is a good footballer and excellent at a certain role. He doesn't have to do that job for motherwell every week though. 

O’Donnell was outstanding last night. His attitude and work rate at the end of what must have been a difficult few days were immense. As a Motherwell player keeping a Rangers player out the team he was an easy target but fair play to Steve Clarke for sticking with him and publicly backing him.

I wonder what Gallagher is thinking about how things have changed so much in 6 months - in December he was a regular in the Scotland team, captain of Motherwell and O’Donnell was the less fashionable of the two; now Gallagher not even stripped for two games and O’Donnell being lauded by National press and being touted for a move to a bigger club in some quarters of the media. 

19 minutes ago, si91 said:

I wonder what Gallagher is thinking about how things have changed so much in 6 months - in December he was a regular in the Scotland team, captain of Motherwell and O’Donnell was the less fashionable of the two; now Gallagher not even stripped for two games and O’Donnell being lauded by National press and being touted for a move to a bigger club in some quarters of the media. 

Gallagher will be rubbing his hands at the thought of a fatter wage packet at Pittodrie.....bring it on.

Where have you see reports of O'Donnell being linked to a move? It doesn't surprise me though.  

Was gonna ask, do we think he may have sparked some interest from other clubs after last night?

He was fucking class last night. Sterling, Kane, Grealish and boy wonder Foden getting absolutely fuck all out of a Motherwell right back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Gallagher will be rubbing his hands at the thought of a fatter wage packet at Pittodrie.....bring it on.

Where have you see reports of O'Donnell being linked to a move? It doesn't surprise me though.  

It was Chic Young on Radio Scotland this morning; not necessarily a hugely reliable source tbh

Just now, si91 said:

Gallagher will be rubbing his hands at the thought of a fatter wage packet at Pittodrie.....bring it on

And I totally get the fatter wage bit, but when he’s looking back over a career, and yes he’s comfortable in his big house etc, will he have any regrets about missing out on being part of the team that bossed England at Wembley? Would he not like to be able to give the framed shirt from that night to his kids as a memory?

2 hours ago, si91 said:

It was a big opportunity to Gallagher. Had he played well and continued to have game time I suspect he'd have played in the last 2 games.

I've no idea if he was injured or not BUT it's irrelevant - either way his chance has slipped away.