New strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

Claret shorts and a proper band/hoop! That is what I call a proper Motherwell FC home kit. The only thing I’m not so keen on is the white trimmings but apart from that that is a very nice kit.

10 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Claret shorts and a proper band/hoop! That is what I call a proper Motherwell FC home kit. The only thing I’m not so keen on is the white trimmings but apart from that that is a very nice kit.

Prefer white shorts.....thought  it might have been amber shorts as we’ve not had them for 4 seasons......nice kit though 

7 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Prefer white shorts.....thought  it might have been amber shorts as we’ve not had them for 4 seasons......nice kit though 

Each to their own but in my view a Motherwell home kit should always have claret shorts. Our colours are Claret & Amber, I don’t see the need for white myself but I know that it’s popular with plenty.

Hopefully there’ll be a sponsor free version available to buy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I can't form an opinion until I hear the official underboyleheating verdict.

I like it. We have moved into the 21st century with the rubberised/silicon crest. This allows our Pantone colours to match the shirt, something that was never quite there with a stitched badge. We have also sharpened up the crest, something I’ve banged on about for years.  The white on the claret band/hoop is a bit wide, personally I would have preferred this to be half the width. However, on the plus side we have a partial hoop with a gap left for the number. This should increase number printing sales as the top will look daft without one. A clever ploy by the club! Lol

3 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I like it. We have moved into the 21st century with the rubberised/silicon crest. This allows our Pantone colours to match the shirt, something that was never quite there with a stitched badge. We have also sharpened up the crest, something I’ve banged on about for years.  The white on the claret band/hoop is a bit wide, personally I would have preferred this to be half the width. However, on the plus side we have a partial hoop with a gap left for the number. This should increase number printing sales as the top will look daft without one. A clever ploy by the club! Lol

Well there you go it’s official UBH approved :thankyou:

• Like 1

I quite like it.  I think the hoop enclosed within the white piping works pretty well when set alongside the white collar and cuffs. It also set me thinking of when we'd used white piping before in that fashion and it was Matchwinner's kit around 1987-1989 sported by the likes of Bobby Russell, Craig Paterson and Paul Kinnaird et al.

I know many aren't fans  but I think with those aforementioned white facings white shorts might actually have complemented the shirt more than claret but very decent nonetheless.

To pluck one of those lines from The Simpsons that gets stuck in your head for all eternity "I know what I hate, and i don't hate this".

• Like 1

Delighted to see a hoop at last  but the white trimmings are unnecessary and fussy, imo: it's an age thing :D.

I have always taken the unpopular position that white shorts accentuate the orgasmic, deep beauty of our C&A but I'll thole the shorts on this occasion for a proper hoop.

I feel better now.......

• Like 2

It's another Motherwell strip, no radical differences from any of the last few,  why the club feels the need to change strips every year or two and basically all you get is a different collar or a extra bit of white here and there ,a band that goes all the way round or another dodgy sponsors logo is beyond me.

I'm long past the age for buying strips but for me the constant kit changes just rip off the fans that do buy them  and pressure them into having that seasons model,

No doubt there will be another Goal keepers top, away kit and training wear to buy as well, all unsurprisingly similar to last seasons range.

27 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if tried something a bit off the wall with the new away as our recent second choice tops have been a bit more in the classic mould. So how wacky can we get? 

Wacky enough that I will probably buy it. 

Funny thing is...for all I love Claret and Amber and dear god I do. I have probably bought the away top 3 or even 4 seasons to 1 for the home top. I like the black, petrol blue, white, all claret tops and all the different away tops.  I have enough C&A tops in leisure wear etc. 

I like the home top. White piping and all. But I have a funny feeling like most times I will end up buying the away top since I only buy one a season. 

6 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Each to their own but in my view a Motherwell home kit should always have claret shorts. Our colours are Claret & Amber, I don’t see the need for white myself but I know that it’s popular with plenty.

We've played with white shorts for most of our history.  White shorts are as traditional as the claret hoop.

The strip is a reasonable effort but I agree that there is too much white detail on the top, I especially don't like it on the hoop but it's decent enough.

• Like 1