New strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

An unusual page on the HFK website re our club's change strips through the ages. I'm presuming UBH has been the principal consultant :D:

Motherwell FC Change Kits - Historical Football Kits (historicalkits.co.uk)

Still think nothing beats the old white "floodlight strip" as a change.

The accompanying written notes reminded me that Aberdeen played in black and gold stripes until after the war, when they switched to red for some reason I have been unable to discover.

5 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

An unusual page on the HFK website re our club's change strips through the ages. I'm presuming UBH has been the principal consultant :D:

Motherwell FC Change Kits - Historical Football Kits (historicalkits.co.uk)

One of the consultants. it’s been a labour of love for myself, Matt Johnstone, Stuart (Motherwell historian) and Flow. It’s still a work in progress as we recently discovered an as yet unrecorded Motherwell away kit in a Scottish photographic archive. Oddities like this  keep you going. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

theres someone does mock ups on Twitter, this is nice

Screenshot_20210606-135809_WhatsApp.jpg

I think you  can do these via one of the football computer games as it has an option to create your own kit design. Very handy if you don’t know how to work photoshop or similar. 

I'm sure nobody thought I meant 100% of the global human population wore Nevica in the 80's, but just in case there is any confusion "we all wore it" is a figure of speech to suggest that there was a lot of it about. 

I humbly apologise to all the fashionistas who thought I was accusing them personally of wearing fluorescent jackets in the 80s.

51 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I humbly apologise to all the fashionistas who thought I was accusing them personally of wearing fluorescent jackets in the 80s.

wasn’t accusing you of anything, just  saying  Although I think my wife and daughter’s would laugh at the thought of someone calling me a fashionista :) 

53 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Couple of mile outs then

Think the same wife and daughter’s would add embarrassment, clueless  and colour blind to that when it comes to my choice of clothing. :)

4 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Interesting, any chance of expanding on that? Colours, style etc. 

I’d need to check as the picture is copyrighted and is set to feature in a Scottish Football picture book soon to be released. I don’t want to upset anyone as it’s still not even listed on our HFK away kit section yet. It’s nothing that out of the ordinary, however, when you spot something you haven’t seen before it intrigues you. 

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Far too much white trimming for my liking and we should’ve gone for white shorts. White shorts make our C & A really stand out.  But good to see the band all the way round again.

You can't beat white shorts. As you say they make the C&A really stand out. 

• Like 1