New strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

45 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Burrows seems to be getting a wee bit defensive of the kits on twitter.

The reality is both are absolutely bowfin. 

He thinks the response to the black kit has been "overwhelmingly  positive across all platforms" but for me I agree with you it's  horrible 

8 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

Spin doctoring, from what I've seen it's roughly 50/50 although more of my friends seem to dislike it, but we're getting on a bit now

11 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

In your opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. 

Not overly excited by the home top then I rarely am as they are very similar year on year. 

This away top is better than the last two efforts that were black. I also think when people see in the flesh they may come around. 

I tend to buy one top every year. Usually one home top every 4 to 5 years. No different this year. I will be sporting the away top. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Spin doctoring, from what I've seen it's roughly 50/50 although more of my friends seem to dislike it, but we're getting on a bit now

Quote ……

We wanted to try and do something a bit different again. Not had an all black away kit in almost ten years”

and as far as I can see, we still haven’t had an all black kit in ten years !!!

Its not the worse we have had……..been spoiled the last 2+away kits

Not all that impressed by the away kit, but then again I'm not the target market I guess, even if I buy every home and away shirt without fail for collector purposes. 

I'm guessing we'll probably shift as many of them as we usually do most years, with the majority of sales being to the younger end of the fanbase. 

I think the strips this season are OK, nothing more, but I'm a bit surprised how negative the reaction seems to have been.

Especially when you consider some of the horrific efforts some other clubs have had to put up with.  I mean check out Dundee Utd's! 

Puts ours into some kind of perspective....

38 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I think the strips this season are OK, nothing more, but I'm a bit surprised how negative the reaction seems to have been.

Especially when you consider some of the horrific efforts some other clubs have had to put up with.  I mean check out Dundee Utd's! 

Puts ours into some kind of perspective....

Their strips can be as honking as they like, considering someone like 'flow was involved I'm surprised at the accented badge and complete non Motherwell appearance of the shirt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

...I'm surprised at the accented badge....

Same colour shirt/shorts and crest are on trend, Adidas, Nike, Puma, Macron all follow trends.  As for the kit, I suspect Alan Provan may have a commercial sales interest in keeping the away kits as distinct as possible each year, to make each one completely different from the previous one. Flow and Proven Sports will guide Macron on the route they should take and leave it to them.  Personally I would only have white, claret and now the occasional blue away kit with flashes of C&A. However, there is no way that is going to happen in this day and age. I said this years would be different and to an extent it is. Although, it could have been a whole lot worse. 

Not to worry, I’m sure we will be back on track with a more traditional away next year. ;)

22 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Their strips can be as honking as they like, considering someone like 'flow was involved I'm surprised at the accented badge and complete non Motherwell appearance of the shirt.

I feel much the same way Ian. I'm not a connoiseur of strips in any way and the strip seems "ok" to me in its own right, but I don't like the socks ( a small issue in the great scheme of things). However my main beef is that it hasn't any connection to MFC  and indeed has closer connections to a rival team ie Livingston.

17 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Plain black with a claret and amber or claret amber and white hoop would have been smart. Stick with the italian styling and you cant go wrong! ;)

Stick with not having black football shirts and you can't go wrong.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

New Galatasaray away………..now that would be a nice “all black” kit…….it’s no hard

galatasaray-21-22-away-kit-7.jpg

Very nice, that's no doubt the work of real designers, reserved for the big teams, not the work experience trainees Macron must employ to design our away kit. 

11 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Very nice, that's no doubt the work of real designers, reserved for the big teams, not the work experience trainees Macron must employ to design our away kit. 

Hang on, I thought folk loved last year's, and the year's before that...?