New strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

• 3 weeks later...

A wee bit off topic but close enough and didn’t want to start a new thread for a simple query.

Does anyone know if you can get shirt printing on the back of infant strips? I wasn’t sure if there was different sizes of letters and numbers to use for smaller sizes and if there was a limit to the amount of letters etc 

15 minutes ago, stevie_mfc said:

A wee bit off topic but close enough and didn’t want to start a new thread for a simple query.

Does anyone know if you can get shirt printing on the back of infant strips? I wasn’t sure if there was different sizes of letters and numbers to use for smaller sizes and if there was a limit to the amount of letters etc 

Don’t know, phone the shop 

My mrs and her family sadly support that team from the south side and this morning prior to getting dragged round Breahead, got sidetracked into taking her into the club shop at Ibrox.

She got her son their away kit and at least ours is crap but we only have to pay £50 quid. Their top which is just as bad and is £65.. Not going to post a pic of a rangers top on here but there excuse for black and red is the funnels on the ships that sailed into Govan had red on black. Tenuous link at least but they were selling like hotcakes when she was in.

I totally agree with all the other posters. Id rather away kit was claret with amber lettering/piping or stripes  but im afraid were stuck with the black for this year anyway.

Edited by Larkhall Dosser
mistake

7 hours ago, Larkhall Dosser said:

My mrs and her family sadly support that team from the south side and this morning prior to getting dragged round Breahead, got sidetracked into taking her into the club shop at Ibrox.

She got her son their away kit and at least ours is crap but we only have to pay £50 quid. Their top which is just as bad and is £65.. Not going to post a pic of a rangers top on here but there excuse for black and red is the funnels on the ships that sailed into Govan had red on black. Tenuous link at least but they were selling like hotcakes when she was in.

I totally agree with all the other posters. Id rather away kit was claret with amber lettering/piping or stripes  but im afraid were stuck with the black for this year anyway.

Looks to be selling well given the number at Fir Park today

The away shirt is fine. A lot of people like me like something a little different.

In pictures it looks black and yellow. Thankfully it is Amber piping but I am quite sure the badge is yellow sadly. 

For me the main winner this year is the training gear. The turquoise is the dogs bollox. Wore it for the 1st time running this week. Shame the zip top costs £55. 3 tops cost me £136. Thankfully I had a £100 voucher. Be cheaper going to Harvey Nichols :-)

14 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

The away shirt is fine. A lot of people like me like something a little different.

In pictures it looks black and yellow. Thankfully it is Amber piping but I am quite sure the badge is yellow sadly. 

For me the main winner this year is the training gear. The turquoise is the dogs bollox. Wore it for the 1st time running this week. Shame the zip top costs £55. 3 tops cost me £136. Thankfully I had a £100 voucher. Be cheaper going to Harvey Nichols :-)

Why be happy with an away shirt that doesnt look like Motherwell colours?

48 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

For me that's the biggest issue with it, I've no problem with what the main  colour it is as long as it has some claret and Amber on it to let people know its a Motherwell shirt.

Change the yellow looking stripes to wider proper Amber ones, maybe alternate them with claret and you have a nice kit in the club colours,

What really surprises me though is i assume the club  signed off on this design with no obvious connection to Motherwell other than the dodgy adjusted club crest.

It will be interesting to see how many it sells in comparison to previous away kits, as that will be the real judgement on it.

56 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Fair point. But I always buy one 1st team strip per season. To support club but also to wear around the house as leisurewear. I mainly buy away strips as home strips very similar year after year.

Probably the club hoping no one notices yellow badge. A bit of a screw up by Macron. Everything else is Amber thankfully.

If it was any other garment other than a Well top I would have walked away. 

6 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

For me that's the biggest issue with it, I've no problem with what the main  colour it is as long as it has some claret and Amber on it to let people know its a Motherwell shirt.

Change the yellow looking stripes to wider proper Amber ones, maybe alternate them with claret and you have a nice kit in the club colours,

What really surprises me though is i assume the club  signed off on this design with no obvious connection to Motherwell other than the dodgy adjusted club crest.

It will be interesting to see how many it sells in comparison to previous away kits, as that will be the real judgement on it.

The away top was selling well given the number that were in the crowd last week, the turquoise training top was sold out when I was in the shop, maybe the initial stock was low?

Ive no doubt the black kit will sell well. Manufacturers all do their market research these days and know whats popular.  Its like the pink Scotland kit. I hated that but it sold really well.

Just personal preference. Im a bit more of a traditionalist when it comes to these things, which is why I would have preferred a Roma/Galatasaray style black kits.

• 1 month later...

Next thing I would like to see changed is for our kit to be at least listed on the official Macron website. They have a worldwide audience and if it means we can shift a few more shirts then surely that is a bonus? If you currently search on their official web page you get this message...
Macron-search.jpg  

On 8/6/2021 at 8:52 AM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Just as well there were no forums back in the days when we put out a yellow home top!