New strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

2 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

A good guess weeyin? Now revealed on Club Twitter account.

Complete guess based on nothing more than this year's Macron templates and the fact we hadn't used pinstripes for a few seasons.

(Not a huge fan of any black kits, tbh, but don't think this one is any better/worse than most of them).

I think it is a really smart top.

Not sure if it is a smart Motherwell strip.

The gap in the stripes is fitting for the sponsor logo.

Would it be better with alternate claret stripes, might have been too busy.

When is it available for,half price?

2 hours ago, 'WellMagic! said:

Not a fan, I've not liked any of our black kits.  The cash converters black one was a particular a mile out, this one just about looks as bad. 

Can we just appreciate how fucking class the Motherwell digital media team are though? The video production, social media work and photography is absolutely 10/10. Putting every other SPL team to shame. 

RL.jpg

Yeah, always think our colours, especially the claret, struggle to stand out against black. Nothing about that strip says Motherwell to me, except the crest, and even then....

We've had some pretty grim black kits over the years, never understood why the club thinks they show a connection to Motherwell. 

This new one is bad but not quite up to the strip we had for Skippy Sunday that was champions league standard honking

football_shirt_2662_1_461x500x1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We've had some pretty grim black kits over the years, never understood why the club thinks they show a connection to Motherwell. 

This new one is bad but not quite up to the strip we had for Skippy Sunday that was champions league standard honking

Haha I unironically loved that strip. 

• Like 1

Black is just not the colour for a football shirt. Along with grey and pink, it should be avoided.

I would not be averse to a mainly claret change kit, but it might defeat the purpose in that it would still clash with the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts. I have liked some of our blue kits, but, for me our best efforts have been white. I would also contend that there should be some claret and amber detailing on all our kit. They are our colours and we should always have them somewhere.

For future consideration, how about a shirt in dark green? I have always thought the South African rugby kit looked pretty cool and we could justify it with reference to the firs of Fir Park.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

If I remember correctly that was actually our third strip for that season? Our away kit that year was white, we wore it in the majority of the League Cup run including the final.

8 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Our traditional away colour if there is such a thing is white. Our recent historical kit archive demonstrates that quite well. http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/Motherwell-change.htm

The 1920-24 and the 1994-95 kits on that list would make great away strips, especially the 1920's one with some minor tweaks to bring it up to date. 

24 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The 1920-24 and the 1994-95 kits on that list would make great away strips, especially the 1920's one with some minor tweaks to bring it up to date. 

I really liked the look of the 1989 one. I tried looking for real life photos of it as it was before my time, to no avail.