AndyP

Frazzie

4 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Im absolutley gutted at this. Cant write much right now. Iv sat beside him at fir park for 12 + years. Got to know him through that. A great guy. We share the same surname, work in same industry and sat next to each other at the fitbaw.

RIP Andy my friend.

Sad times indeed BS. 

I sit directly in front of Andy and have done for over 10 years. He was a voice of reason when required, with great wit and never scared to speak his mind.

Our area of Fir Park definately won’t be the same and he will be missed greatly. 

• Like 1

I didn’t know Andy personally but I was hoping one day I would.

out the blue one day he messaged and offered me a rare Scotland kit, just on something I’d said in one of the threads. Three days later I had it on.

He wanted no money but we discussed the potential of him coming to The Valley with me whilst on one of his bi-annual trips to south London.

Covid and other things got in the way but I was still looking forward to meeting him face to face.

gutted….top bloke, gone way too soon and huge condolences to his wife and family.

A really good guy, shocking news.  Always a guy who you could catch for a couple of minutes at a game and get some sense from and I’m forever in his debt for him sorting me out a ticket for the Ibrox playoff leg at the last minute. 

Thoughts with his family. 

42 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Sad times indeed BS. 

I sit directly in front of Andy and have done for over 10 years. He was a voice of reason when required, with great wit and never scared to speak his mind.

Our area of Fir Park definately won’t be the same and he will be missed greatly. 

Yep. Even at the games he always keeps us calm. You know something shite is happening on the pitch on the occassions when Andy lost it

• Like 1

Really sad news.

I didnt know Andy personally, but he was without doubt the voice of reason on this forum. His posts were always thoughtful, balanced and insightful. From what others have said, this seems to reflect how he was in person.

His contributions to this forum will be sadly missed. 

Thoughts go out to his nearest and dearest.

RIP AndyP.

I hope you all don’t mind me borrowing the club account for a personal post…

I was devastated and shocked to learn of Andy’s passing.

Like many of here, I have been lucky to have known him for well over 20 years, be it Supporters buses, exiles, away days and trips, fanzines, FPC, Well Worth Saving, the Supporters Trust, WTFC and so many others - our paths crossed so regularly and he was always so helpful and supportive of me when I needed him.

The comments and tributes about his personality and character are so apt, he was a gem of a guy and a top ‘Well fan. I’ll miss him very much.

My thoughts are with his wife Angela, his family and close friends at this terribly sad time.

Rest easy mate.

‘Flow

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

I can’t believe I’m reading this. 

He was always a reasonable and very knowledgeable guy especially when it came to Motherwell FC and although I never met him in person I always hugely respected his views on here, even if we didn’t always agree on matters. 

As has already been said, he was ‘the voice of reason’ on these forums.