AndyP

Frazzie

12 hours ago, decorator said:

only found out yesterday about andy passing away,he was a great guy and we helped each other out with things for the club over the years

i dont post much now as my wife passed away 6 weeks ago after a 5 year fight with cancer

Have always enjoyed your escapades over the years, sorry to read that. 

Andy P will be sorely missed. He was a really nice bloke and someone who I always ended up near at away games. Often turning round and catching his eye with a "hullo" or a nod of the head if a bit further. Spoke to him a few times over the years and always had decent input.

MadWullie gone too is another sad yin. Sorry to have heard of this one too.

Decorator - Sorry for your loss also.

• Like 1

I was really sad to read this news at the weekend. I remember reading many of his posts on here and on twitter less than 24 hours before we found out he had sadly passed. 

Like many on here I never knew Andy personally, however when I started the Motherwellnet website many years ago I had asked him for some information as he had the Exiles Club website and he provided an array of information and so much more including season reviews, images, player info etc which was always appreciated. 

I always enjoyed his post match analysis as he always seemed to wait until the evening to give his tuppence worth on the days events whether we won, lost or drew. 

He will certainly be missed by many around these parts. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 5:28 PM, Kat said:

… I remember reading many of his posts on here and on twitter less than 24 hours before we found out he had sadly passed. 

He messaged me on Twitter a few days before about a Macron kit app he had downloaded . He had been messing about with it and shared one of his designs with me. We had a wee joke about it and I told him that  it might not be too far off our new away.  I told him that I was predicting that our new away might be a bit more experimental than we are used to.  He said he would wait with interest and concern.  Actually, the design he created wasn’t too bad and in my opinion would have made a decent away kit. 

I've already posted on this thread to offer my condolences.

It's been strange here, thinking since this thread was posted, we're not going to see any more AndyP posts...strange isn't the word I'm after...but he was such a frequent, eloquent, and dare I say, important poster on this forum...a calming voice whenever posts were getting heated, personal or whatever....as I said before, I never knew the guy, but he'll certainly be missed on here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just noticed a tweet from AndyPs sister which says that he will be making his final visit to Fir Park at 11am on Friday on his way to the crematorium. It didn’t specifically encourage people to gather but I certainly plan to head up to pay my respects.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Watford Well Boy said:

Sadly I heard yesterday of the death of David Anderson (Duv or Sting)from Kirkfieldbank . Only 57.   A regular all his days in the East Stand. Sat in line with the tunnel. Went to most of  our European adventures . Another gone too soon 

R.I.P David. I must sit quite near him as I sit not too far from the tunnel line in the East Stand next to the wall. Did he ever travel on the Forth, Lanark supporters bus? 

Difficult to know what to say in circumstances like these, but as someone who’s been on here since the WTFC days, you kind of get to know all the regulars like a big family, and this feels very much like losing one of your own, even though I’d never met Andy in person,   I follow a few ‘Well accounts on FB, and someone shared a short clip of Andy’s last trip to FP, and unashamed to admit I shed a few tears.   It was pure class to see all the staff lined up outside to pay their last respects, and is the mark of a club that’s led the way in fan, community and family support over the past few years, particularly latterly in suicide prevention and in what’s it’s done for it’s season ticket holders recently.

Sorry I never got to meet you Andy but felt that in some small way I knew you,  rest easy mate, your ‘Well family won’t forget you.

• Like 12

How much of a genuinely decent guy Andy was comes through loud and clear from all the posts on here.

I consider myself lucky enough to have known him in some capacity for many years, since the old WTFC days - regularly engaging in conversation online originally, meeting him at the odd game or a train on an away day over the years, getting to listen to his really level-headed and thoughtful views when recording podcasts with him a few years back, and often receiving messages from him with ideas and suggestions for the Well Society in the last few years (the Exiles Club in the Society, for example, is the direct result of him e-mailing me with thoughts on how his original Exiles Club from the 90s could be re-introduced in some way as part of the Society).

A true gentleman who'll be sadly missed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Any update on this worthy collection?

As above the target was met within the first few hours, the remainder of funds raised will go to the season ticket initiative. The badges also sold out just shows how well he was thought off. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1