It starts here

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, Neilwell86 said:

This midfield is miles off it.

We need to bring in a couple of midfielders that are better than what we already have or we will have the same problems as last season,our midfield is far to easily beaten,one pass and there all took out the game.

Very early days, we still need extra bodies through the door and certainly a couple of midfielders and another centre half with experience. However let’s not start predicting relegation again, even by previous seasons “we’re doomed” it’s early.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This is still preseason. 

It's been the same since they changed the league cup format.  Couple of jobby friendlies until the competitive friendlies in the group stage start.

That's very true. However Queens Park will also be very rusty, although they look the better side. 

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

FFS the pant wetting is starting early this season, 45 mins into the 1st competitive match.

Are u watching ?

I am Mr Positive normally but the truth is that Queens Park have outplayed us. That is a 1st Division side that have played better football than us all across the park.

Early days yes. And I would expect Donnelly and OHara would start before this midfield but we have been poor tonight.

We need to step it up second half or Queens Park will get a goal that they deserve.

Good god, I know it’s essential pre season but this has been worse than any of us could have imagined. Completely outplayed and should be 2 or 3 down in all honesty. All 3 midfielder players so far off premier league level its unreal. 

Again this is basically pre season now so we shouldn't get too concerned with it (another reason I don't want to pay for premier sports). Still though the midfield is in need of some more quality and options.

Surprised were still playing with 3 up top.

Be interested to hear if we change shape as the game goes on or just change like for like.

Anyone tuning in to this without prior knowledge of the teams involved wold think we were the lower division side. 

They're better than us all over the park.  

2 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Again this is basically pre season now so we shouldn't get too concerned with it (another reason I don't want to pay for premier sports). Still though the midfield is in need of some more quality and options.

Surprised were still playing with 3 up top.

Be interested to hear if we change shape as the game goes on or just change like for like.

Is it not basically pre-season for them as well ? 

• Like 3

Pre season yes. But let’s  not use that as an excuse. Pre season for Queens Park also.

I get that Queens Park beat QOS and they have decent players but we have been awful on the ball.  Had time and space to play some football but we don’t have the quality it would seem.

I thought we would compete for Europe last season. Would love to have average to poor pre season and good league season. Maybe that will happen but on this evidence.....