It starts here

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Christ folk judging  the season on the first game of the season lmao.The same folk when we went on a run win were pissing and moaning cause we were not playing attractive football.

Behave!

we were dreadful last season - absolutely dreadful - the basic expectation of having the ability to pas to a man in the same coloured shirt isn't the same as expecting attractive free flowing football. 

• Like 2

Well it took us 70 mins to wake up but from then on we started to look s bit more comfortable.

Wee team fired up against the big boys who would have thought. Wasn't surprised after watching them against QOS tbh.

Craigans commentary doing my head in.

36 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Again this is basically pre season now so we shouldn't get too concerned with it (another reason I don't want to pay for premier sports). Still though the midfield is in need of some more quality and options.

Surprised were still playing with 3 up top.

Be interested to hear if we change shape as the game goes on or just change like for like.

2 games for £12 is ok value

Wasn't watching it but had the radio on.

Didn't sound to good.

However Queen's Park already had a game this was our first so you are going to expect them to be further ahead than us in terms of sharpness and fitness.

Also a midfield of Cornelius, Maguire and Crawford probably won't be playing too many league matches so I wouldn't worry too much on tonight's performance.

We need players in, we all know that, especially a creative midfielder, but if it takes another 4 or 5 weeks to bring in the right player, I'll put up with ill deserved 1-0 wins.

Glad to get the win but it was a poor showing, I always thought we would have had to grind out a result with that midfield tonight. Thought we finished strongly but I think this was helped with Queens taking Murray off. We still have 4 or 5 new bodies to add plus the numerous players who were missing tonight, I'll worry then if nothing clicks. 

Only three short days until we get to step our feet back into Fir Park again.

That was a more than decent work out for us but didn't tell us much we probably didn't know already,we still need a few players in,I just hope the 4 or 5 alexander has in mind will be players that can come straight into the team and make a difference,especially the midfield as that is an accident waiting to happen.

Just now, steelboy said:

We need some midfielders and another forward but we got the win and eventually saw it out well. 

Been said many times before the only thing that matters in a cup game is the result, so main objective achieved, we won.

22 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Was surprised how bad we were, Lambie was a bombscare, after finishing last season ok at CB, Wooley was falling about all over the place. Kelly  saved us from a loss. Onwards and upwards

Lambie has not been at firhill for a while, but its probably the 1st game Lamie has played so would not be that harsh on him,  I think he will kick on from his strong finish to last season.