Queen of the South game

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Have a day off with the negative pish FFS, your getting boring now 

I’m sorry, I just don’t think that loosing 2-0 at home to a team a division below you, having created one clear chance,  is acceptable at any point of the season 

No more than we deserve to be honest. Queens look to be well ahead of us in terms of pre season preparation. We're pedestrian and well off the pace. Defence is shambolic. They're quite content to let us make the mistakes and pick us off. Unless we improve dramatically then this could be embarassing.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This result (so far) just proves more so it's essentially we don't rush people in and get the recruitment right.

At what point should we rush? 4 weeks Into the league campaign or maybe January?

I know negativity is often frowned at on here but it is impossible to be anything but after that first half showing. On that evidence we are in serious bother this season.

However, if there are any positives to take so far then I suppose it’s only half time so still time to get back in it, an early goal in the second half is a must. We’ve also not finished in the transfer market but the signs are that big, big improvements are needed to that team before the season starts in earnest.

I thought we were passing the ball around nicely, a lot more fluent than Wednesday night. QOTS were happy to sit back and soak it all up, we were warned on a few occasions we they hit on the break. 

Watt was unlucky with his chance, need to get a goal back early doors but has that feeling we could play all night without hitting the back of the net. 

2 minutes ago, Kmac said:

At what point should we rush? 4 weeks Into the league campaign or maybe January?

As an aside, we had two obvious jerseys to fill, in Campbell and Gallagher, we’ve achieved neither… rushing is one thing, plugging a leaking roof (as much as I disliked Gallagher) is another

We need strengthening, no argument there, but it needs to be the right players and not just extra bodies through the door, we’ve seen and done that under Robinson. Getting those players in looks to be taking longer than expected but it is what it is. 

It’s hard as you want to write positive comments, but the fearful thing is you just  can’t see goals coming from this side.

Midfield was a major issue last year, it doesn’t seem to have improved.

Fingers crossed for a better second half….