Queen of the South game

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

No more than we deserve to be honest. Queens look to be well ahead of us in terms of pre season preparation. We're pedestrian and well off the pace. Defence is shambolic. They're quite content to let us make the mistakes and pick us off.

Totally agree,you can get maybe having a poor first half but we look miles off the pace which is the worry for me,there's no drive from the middle of the park,it looks like the problems still persist in there from last season,there was also serious improvement needed in defence but yet we're still having to put up with lamie.

4 minutes ago, Kmac said:

As an aside, we had two obvious jerseys to fill, in Campbell and Gallagher, we’ve achieved neither… rushing is one thing, plugging a leaking roof (as much as I disliked Gallagher) is another

Both simply have to be replaced,neither had great seasons last time out but they were still the best options bar far,I know it's not easy getting players in but we can't afford anymore jersey fillers.

2 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

Have to admit some alarm bells are ringing for the season ahead. However todays game I do think we look the much better team  if we get our shit in order and get a early goal still think we can win this.

We're miles off right now you'd have to be super duper happy clappy to think we aren't.

However it's July.

Everyone just needs to calm down a bit and wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We're miles off right now you'd have to be super duper happy clappy to think we aren't.

However it's July.

Everyone just needs to calm down a bit and wait and see what happens.

We'll we got the early goal haha

Agree we dont look like we will get anything out of teams in our league which is worrying. I know you can never read too much into preseason but Hibs and Dundee have managed some very impressive results thus far. Us on the other hand...

6 minutes ago, mfc said:

Totally agree,you can get maybe having a poor first half but we look miles off the pace which is the worry for me,there's no drive from the middle of the park,it looks like the problems still persist in there from last season,there was also serious improvement needed in defence but yet we're still having to put up with lamie.

Leader at the back two decent quality midfielders, and another forward player. If he signs those we will hopefully be in a better position.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Leader at the back two decent quality midfielders, and another forward player. If he signs those we will hopefully be in a better position.

Agreed that's the positions we need to strengthen in,hopefully we have kept enough of our budget to see what's available down south,when clubs down there have sorted there squads out.i would happily wait until the end of the transfer windows if it means getting in some players that will make a difference.

17 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Agree that that’s what we need but we’ve needed a decent quality forward player/goalscorer since Louis Moult left nearly four years ago now. Our recent attempts at signing forward players has been woeful. Our best effort was Danny Johnson yet he was never given a proper chance.