Airdrie game a derby? Been a while

SteelmaninOZ

Had a quick look on pie and Bovril on the Airdrie thread and have to admit was pretty shocked that season ticket concessions  had moved from 65 year olds and above to 75 and above, now back down to 65 after pressure from the fanbase. Think we’re quite lucky to see ours at 60 and above, I hit that figure next week.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Had a quick look on pie and Bovril on the Airdrie thread and have to admit was pretty shocked that season ticket concessions  had moved from 65 year olds and above to 75 and above, now back down to 65 after pressure from the fanbase. Think we’re quite lucky to see ours at 60 and above, I hit that figure next week.

Yeah the 3 of them must have really put their foot down :lol:

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Live stream tonight for overseas (and "overseas") subscribers to MFC TV.

If that's me you're having a dig at, I can confirm with 100% authority that I do live over the sea.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

And then draw a Premiership team away in the next round.

As sure as night follows day. Since the format changed in 2016 we have been paired against a top flight side in the League Cup knockout stages in every single draw we’ve been in. Our luck in Cup draws is utterly staggering at times.

As for tonight I’m not confident and I reckon it’ll be a hard slog. I hate facing any of the other Lanarkshire sides especially in Cup games as we almost (I repeat and emphasise ALMOST* in case any pedantic poster, naming no names, chooses to remind me that we have won league games and Cup ties against Airdrie and Accies in the past) always make life difficult for ourselves in these games and in truth no result will surprise me tonight.

*for the avoidance of doubt, the word almost can be defined as “nearly, not quite” and therefore by using it I am acknowledging that we don’t make life difficult for ourselves against these sides EVERY single time we face them. :)

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

As sure as night follows day. Since the format changed in 2016 we have been paired against a top flight side in the League Cup knockout stages in every single draw we’ve been in. Our luck in Cup draws is utterly staggering at times.

As for tonight I’m not confident and I reckon it’ll be a hard slog. I hate facing any of the other Lanarkshire sides especially in Cup games as we almost (I repeat and emphasise ALMOST* in case any pedantic poster, naming no names, chooses to remind me that we have won league games and Cup ties against Airdrie and Accies in the past) always make life difficult for ourselves in these games and in truth no result will surprise me tonight.

*for the avoidance of doubt, the word almost can be defined as “nearly, not quite” and therefore by using it I am acknowledging that we don’t make life difficult for ourselves against these sides EVERY single time we face them. :)

We need to make sure we win the last two games and score a few more goals ideally without conceding any as it's only the 3 group winners with the best record who will be seeded in the last 16, along with the 5 Euro sides.

Currently Dundee untd (12 +8) Hearts (9 +7) and St Mirren (9,+6)  all have better records with Hearts and StM each with 1 game left. So unless we win our last 2 games by a few goals it's not looking good to be seeded, so as in previous years its odds on a Premiership team in the last 16 :mellow:

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

We need to make sure we win the last two games and score a few more goals ideally without conceding any as it's only the 3 group winners with the best record who will be seeded in the last 16, along with the 5 Euro sides.

Currently Dundee untd (12 +8) Hearts (9 +7) and St Mirren (9,+6)  all have better records with Hearts and StM each with 1 game left. So unless we win our last 2 games by a few goals it's not looking good to be seeded, so as in previous years its odds on a Premiership team in the last 16 :mellow:

Indeed, though we were seeded in both 2017 and 2019 and drew Premiership opposition in the last 16 both times so being seeded doesn’t guarantee a decent draw.

23 minutes ago, HanoMaSano said:

I'm watching from 'overseas' tonight, is it normal for the video to not be on yet?

Saturdays game the video didn't start till almost kick off.  Also, Radio Scotland here just reporting that there are internet issues at Airdries stadium so not sure if that will affect MTV

26 minutes ago, HanoMaSano said:

I'm watching from 'overseas' tonight, is it normal for the video to not be on yet?

Should be good now. They weren't streaming until the players were in the tunnel.

Timing varies between streams.