Airdrie game a derby? Been a while

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, mfc said:

Nothing short of embarrassing,it's like watching last season all all over again, clueless in midfield,long punts to nobody,fucking disgraceful.

Save your embarrassment for after the pre-season.

Just now, wellwell91 said:

Midfield all 3 of them are none existent 

They are better than the full backs.

We obviously changed some of the personnel tonight to give them some minutes and try a different front 3 formation, but none of them have put a claim in for a starting spot as they say.

Just now, mfc said:

Nothing short of embarrassing,it's like watching last season all all over again, clueless in midfield,long punts to nobody,fucking disgraceful.

This is the frustrating thing.  I know it's pre season but there's plenty of warning signs.

We don't have the basics eg pass to man in same coloured shirt, move into space etc.  

We also get outfought in midfield in almost every game. 

We are a very easy , predictable team to to up against. 

Just now, mfc said:

It's a cup tie against our so called rivals from 2 leagues below,I'll call that embarrassed everytime 

You're easily embarrassed then.

Every year we see the July panic and every year it has zero relevance (good or bad) to the league campaign. Then again, I've seen us get hammered in the League Cup by the likes of Queens Park and Clyde, so not that worried now. We'll win the next win and on we go.

• Like 1

See to be honest, as bad as tonight is I genuinely don’t think we can use this as a gauge as to how our season will go. We do have genuine concerns ahead of the new season but Motherwell teams over the years, no matter how good or bad, ability wise have (almost) always fell short in derby games like this. 

That’s not me trying to excuse what’s happened tonight but unfortunately it just seems like a very ‘Motherwell’ type result.

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

This is the frustrating thing.  I know it's pre season but there's plenty of warning signs.

We don't have the basics eg pass to man in same coloured shirt, move into space etc.  

We also get outfought in midfield in almost every game. 

We are a very easy , predictable team to to up against. 

I don’t think we’re playing a single midfielder that will start the first league game in all honesty

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Getting beat by two wonder strikes in a glorified friendly on a pitch we aren’t used to really isn’t that embarrassing. 

It bloody well is. 

We are the top flight team. But u would never know. 

It has been an awful performance regardless of the pitch and opposition.

That team will get us relegated. I would start 4 of them. Anymore and out 30 year stay in the top flight will be over. 

• Like 1

Seedorf got a brief chance under Alexander before getting bombed out. Hopefully the same is about to happen to Lawless. Physically he is miles off the required standard. 

If Watt isn't happy under Alexander he can fuck off as well because we can't carry passengers. 

Crawford is terrible and should be no where near Fir Park. We need new midfielders plus O'Hara and Donnelly fit or replaced. 

Rhys McCabe got outplayed by our u20s not that long ago and bossed our the first team tonight. 

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I don’t think we’re playing a single midfielder that will start the first league game in all honesty

We better hope that alexander has a couple of midfielders lined up as that midfield again tonight wouldn't look out of place in the league below.

Just now, Welldaft Mk1 said:

It bloody well is. 

That team will get us relegated. I would start 4 of them. Anymore and out 30 year stay in the top flight will be over. 

This is where I would say let’s not panic, the starting 11 will not be the same when the league kicks off, maybe half of the team will be different.

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Getting beat by two wonder strikes in a glorified friendly on a pitch we aren’t used to really isn’t that embarrassing. 

Fans like you are the biggest problem that we as a club have. “Let’s just accept getting beat by our lower league local rivals cos they scored two great goals and the pitch was hard tae play oan”.

I’m glad you aren’t embarrassed by that shambles.

• Like 3

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

Fans like you are the biggest problem that we as a club have. “Let’s just accept getting beat by our lower league local rivals cos they scored two great goals and the pitch was hard tae play oan”.

I’m glad you aren’t embarrassed by that shambles.

Spot on,the glorified friendly and it's only pre season patter is just an excuse for losing to a lower league team,let's hope alexander isn't using any excuses after that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

It bloody well is. 

Feckin wring your pants out ffs and calm doon, with the we'll get relegated before the season has started pish, a bad day at the office tonight, the 1st this season and guaranteed not to be the last.

5 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Yoky - I hope your right.

It worries me that we extended Crawfords contract , played him last year and playing him again this season.  Maguire regular last year under GA and same again.

Not blaming those 2 players for losing - I don't think the formation is right.  

All I'm saying is I didn't enjoy watching us last season and not enjoying the pre season either. Appreciate a long way to go