Motherwell V Hibs - 2021/22 League Grand Kick Off

StirlingDosser

What's the thoughts then to get the league campaign started? A few comments around regarding the League Cup group stages but I'm very much in the camp of not reading too much into that. Talk of a couple more in before the weekend but for these boys to start could be a big ask.

I'm going with a 1-1 draw. A fairly defensive affair on both sides with us coming back from a goal down. Can't see either manager being too crafty just yet, could be one or two properly competitive fixtures before we see the Motherwell team hit any kind of form/pattern imo.

Hoping for a couple of tickets on the general sale when it is announced.

I can’t see us getting anything from this one as the season just seems to have come too early for us, especially going by GA’s comments last week about having too much work/too many games etc. The only leveller perhaps will be Hibs playing in Europe on Thursday night but I still expect them to take the points.

2-1 away win.

12 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Apart from injuries I think the team will pick itself apart from the left wing back, personally I would go for Carroll 

Kelly

O’Donnell, Mugabe, Lamie,Carroll

Slattery, Donnelly, McGuire

Watt, Van Veen & Woolery

Is Mugabe fit?

Like UBH, I'd be very happy to take anything from this fixture.

He mentioned that tomorrow is his first day of full training with the team, so guessing he's a couple of weeks out. Maybe a place on the bench on Sunday?

Given how lackluster our pre-season/cup run has been, I predict we'll hammer hibs.

12 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A tough opening fixture, from which we'll do well to take anything. Its come perhaps 3 weeks too early for us. Is Slattery up for start? Maybe just too early for him - will he get 30 minutes? 

I think Slattery has been training with us for a while now so he should be reasonably fit, maybe not 90 mins match fit, but I can see him starting. 

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I think Slattery has been training with us for a while now so he should be reasonably fit, maybe not 90 mins match fit, but I can see him starting. 

I certainly hope so Allan. Even this early he would add something to our engine room.