Motherwell V Hibs - 2021/22 League Grand Kick Off

StirlingDosser

7 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hibs are a really good team, they should have every chance of making top 3 again. I’d be happy with a draw right now, very entertaining from both teams with plenty of effort.

Absolutely. Pre match I was expecting a 2 goal defeat but so far we've scored 2 and limited Hibs to a couple. We know we're weak in midfield and defence and I'm sure GA will rectify that.

Better than I expected but disappointing after being ahead twice. Too many long balls and too open defensively but huge improvement over the league cup performances. Considering Hibs are probably one of the better teams maybe there is hope for us having a better season than last. 

Fucking dreadful defending. Static. We’re missing 2 centre halves that can read a game - maybe one is one the bench. 

We’re missing a central midfielder that can read a game a create from central areas.

We’re missing another forward.

Lawleff is absolutely shite.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Fucking dreadful defending. Static. We’re missing 2 centre halves that can read a game - maybe one is one the bench. 

We’re missing a central midfielder that can read a game a create from central areas.

We’re missing another forward.

steven hopless  you mean.

That’s a sore one to take.

By no means was that a poor performance from us, indeed we looked a lot more committed and up for it than we did at 90% of games last season. We matched a decent side well for the majority but unfortunately yet again our defending cost us dearly - their first two goals were down to shocking defending from us and we give away yet another penalty for the winner. We really need to work on defensive concentration.

I think there clearly are signs of positivity but there’s still a lot of work, and hopefully transfer business to be done.

31 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Can’t argue with the penalty decision when the arms out like that. We really don’t deserve to lose this game.

This....For all Hibs possession and play, Kelly has only had 1 real save to make, our defending for the 1st 2 Hibs goals was poor but, we were a threat , a draw would have been a fair result

1 minute ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Felt like Hibs managed to steal that game with some luck

Can’t agree their midfield gave us a lesson on how to keep the ball and good interlink passing that had our midfield chasing shadows.

Think Slattery will do ok he ran out of steam today but we’re still a man short in there Donnelly was posted missing today.

• Thanks 1