SPFL Table Prediction

GazzyB

On 7/31/2021 at 3:22 PM, weeyin said:

Ayr Utd winning the Champions League would be punching above their weight.

Ayr United winning The Championship would be punching abive their weight.....

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Ayr United winning The Championship would be punching abive their weight.....

Depends on your age, I suppose, but I remember when Ayr Utd were a mid-table SPL team (when it was a pretty ruthless 10 team league).

On 7/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, Kmac said:

It's not really remarkable that we've been in the top flight all this time. We have the 7th/8th largest support in the country and a budget that goes along with that.  Out of a league of 10/12, it makes sense. Dundee United/Hearts/Hibs yo-yoing is down to very bad management rather than the law of averages. 

What's more remarkable than us not being relegated is that we haven't won a trophy for 30 years despite 90 available opportunities being available. 

mr brightside...so does that mean we have been well managed for the last 35 years or so?

40 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

mr brightside...so does that mean we have been well managed for the last 35 years or so?

In patches yes. We’ve also faced administration and finished bottom to only be saved by some ridiculous league stadium criteria…

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Depends on your age, I suppose, but I remember when Ayr Utd were a mid-table SPL team (when it was a pretty ruthless 10 team league).

Im jjust about that old! But that means they have been in the lower leagues for 90% of my life! Most Ayr fans would bite your hand off for a win tonight!

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im jjust about that old! But that means they have been in the lower leagues for 90% of my life! Most Ayr fans would bite your hand off for a win tonight!

My big Ayr United supporting mate lost his mum suddenly during the week...he'll be watching the game tonight with his dad, having a few beers. 

Football is only a game, but tonight it might help put a wee smile on his face and give them both a very small element of respite, after an incredibly tough week for the family.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kmac said:

In patches yes. We’ve also faced administration and finished bottom to only be saved by some ridiculous league stadium criteria…

Over a long spell we have largely been a stable club off the pitch due to a good set of Directors and to a lesser extent good managers. Over that time we haven't tended to have great teams and very poor teams as other clubs have had. Less of a fluctuation if you like.

Ridiculous stadium criteria? I didn't agree with it but rules are rules but we stuck to them, whereas Falkirk tried to get round them.  They reaped what they sowed.

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Over a long spell we have largely been a stable club off the pitch due to a good set of Directors and to a lesser extent good managers. Over that time we haven't tended to have great teams and very poor teams as other clubs have had. Less of a fluctuation if you like.

Ridiculous stadium criteria? I didn't agree with it but rules are rules but we stuck to them, whereas Falkirk tried to get round them.  They reaped what they sowed.

That was a massive sliding doors moment...had we been relegated that season, just got to wonder how long we would have bobbed around the First Division trying to get back up...could've been another yo-yo club the likes of Dundee, Hamilton, Thistle etc., the last near 20 years or so... 

43 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

They didn't try to get around them, they just tried to arrange a groundshare whilst their new ground was built, and made an arse of it by arranging it with the wrong people.