St Johnstone v Motherwell 8/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Lamie's change in form at end of laat season was one of the reasons we stayed up

He certainly did improve towards the tail end of the season, ironically enough when his ex Livi teammate Gallagher played less games. A coincidence perhaps but he looked an absolute bombscare for the first part of the season when alongside Gallagher in defence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Aye Maguire is never a starter in this league. His contribution on the ball today was pitiful. So many times it's four touches and three shoulder dips to play a sideways pass. 

Donnelly has always struggled with fitness and I don't see him getting back to his 19/20 peak after that injury. 

O'Hara seems to have concussion issues and it's a mystery how Crawford got an extension. 

You want so much for the  boy to push on and establish himself………..unfortunately he ain’t got it imho 

Don't think the 3 in the middle are helping Maguire, considering Donnelly was the worst player on the pitch mile off the pace, and Slattery has only just arrived.

Expecting more from Woolery, great  chance 1on 1 last week and an easy pass to put van veen through this week both fluffed. Hope its just early days nerves and he's not a bottler.

Van Veen did not repeat last weeks game

Not a great watch but its so early days for this team  I'm expecting big improvements

12 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Don't think the 3 in the middle are helping Maguire, considering Donnelly was the worst player on the pitch mile off the pace, and Slattery has only just arrived.

Expecting more from Woolery, great  chance 1on 1 last week and an easy pass to put van veen through this week both fluffed. Hope its just early days nerves and he's not a bottler.

Van Veen did not repeat last weeks game

Not a great watch but its so early days for this team  I'm expecting big improvements

Alexander did say that’s the best he’d ever him play last week.

I would have taken a point prior to kick off, as I didn't expect us to come away with anything. So, not a bad result and we're off bottom. A few players like Donnelly, Slattery and now Shields still getting up to speed. That said our midfield and defence are still big worries. Hopefully Ojala will add a bit of presence and leadership at the back. O'Donnell should not shoulder all of the blame for Saints' goal - someone, not sure who, made a blunder and failed to connect before the ball even reached him.  Defence at the moment doesn't give rise to any confidence.  

Still some fresh blood required.

Didnt see the game today, but a point at McDairmid Park is never a bad thing. Especially against this St Johnstone side who are one of the best and most organised they have had in years. Alan Preston (for what its worth) reckoned we started well but faded first half and St Johnstone deserved to he ahead at half time. However, he said we were much better 2nd half and worthy of a draw and could have maybe sneaked it at the end.  Given Dundee got an absolute spanking today we need to be going into next weekend with a bit of confidence. Its a good chance to progress in the cup.

33 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I would have taken a point prior to kick off, as I didn't expect us to come away with anything. So, not a bad result and we're off bottom. A few players like Donnelly, Slattery and now Shields still getting up to speed. That said our midfield and defence are still big worries. Hopefully Ojala will add a bit of presence and leadership at the back. O'Donnell should not shoulder all of the blame for Saints' goal - someone, not sure who, made a blunder and failed to connect before the ball even reached him.  Defence at the moment doesn't give rise to any confidence.  

Still some fresh blood required.

There were two heads that missed the ball

9 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I would say St Johnstone missed the opportunity for approximately 1,000 paying  away fans!

Wasn't their decision to make, though. All they can do is make a case to their local authority and hope for the best.

4 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I thought Lamie and Mugabi were fine. The latter was causing havoc in their box at set pieces as well. The problem with them is that they're both going to cost us with absolute howlers a couple of times a season, but overall they're steady enough. 

The way we play exposes our full backs. There's no protection from the midfield and we also expect both to be an attacking threat.  I don't think odonnell or Carroll are nearly as bad as being made out. The latter assisted both of our goals last week.  There's no way we're signing replacements, so get used to who we have.

I have to disagree sorry! The issue with both full backs comparatively to watching the Dundee United game is that both full backs ALLOW crosses into the box. 

• Like 1

I thought we were rank fucking rotten for 70 minutes today, Lamie & Slattery aside. Time and time again Mugabi picked up the ball and at the slightest hint of pressure on him he would just fuckin launch it up the park to absolutely nobody. We have a front three with a bit of quality now (although they barely showed it today), it must be so frustrating for them to be constantly chasing balls over the top that St Johnstone mopped up all day long.

Maguire was anonymous today and Donnelly was very poor. We need O'Hara to return or to sign a decent central midfielder pronto. As for the decision to start Shields who has had no pre-season games but leave Ojala on the bench, a strange one from Alexander. Credit where it's due though to him for making the changes. Hopefully Lawless can kick on from today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, numpty said:

Wasn't their decision to make, though. All they can do is make a case to their local authority and hope for the best.

You're right up to a point, but does Perth & Kinross Council also have the power to stipulate the composition of the 5,000 ie 4,000 home fans and 1,000 away ones?

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

You're right up to a point, but does Perth & Kinross Council also have the power to stipulate the composition of the 5,000 ie 4,000 home fans and 1,000 away ones?

It’s not 5000 until tomorrow?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

It’s not 5000 until tomorrow?

No it's not, the current rules are crowds up to 5k require no additional permission which is only required if clubs want more than 5k fans in attendance.

After midnight tonight all the rules re social distancing have been removed, so crowds of any size will be legal so I assume full crowds will then be permitted 

36 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No it's not, the current rules are crowds up to 5k require no additional permission which is only required if clubs want more than 5k fans in attendance.

After midnight tonight all the rules re social distancing have been removed, so crowds of any size will be legal so I assume full crowds will then be permitted 

Level zero was 2000 was it not?

From Monday 19 July, all parts of Scotland not currently there will move to level 0.

There will still be limits on the size of events and stadia attendances - but these will increase outdoors to 2000 seated and 1000 standing, and indoors to 400.