St Johnstone v Motherwell 8/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

20 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

O'Donnell should not shoulder all of the blame for Saints' goal - someone, not sure who, made a blunder and failed to connect before the ball even reached him.

You are very right here. 

I don't blame him for the goal. I still think he's not very good.

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:36 PM, wunderwell said:

Lamie and Mugabi getting slaughtered. 
Yet who’s cost us the last two games?

o’Donnell is muck

Seriously? Penalty last week was unlucky as was yesterday’s OG - SOD not playing his best along with a few others but blaming him for the goals is ballocks. 

10 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Watched highlights and SOD very unlucky,  I would put more blame at Woolery for poor attempt at header.  Also well done lawless for great pass for goal 

Looking back at the highlights, both Woolery and Lamie missed with their headers. Yes, Lawless did well. A well worked goal.

The 'blend' of the midfield isn't right so I'd hold off on criticising individual players at this point.  We definitely need a few in that are 'different types'.  

Ultimately you are probably only going to play 1 of Crawford, Donnelly, Maguire in our current formation.  

13 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Watched highlights and SOD very unlucky,  I would put more blame at Woolery for poor attempt at header.   

Agree SOD was unlucky.

Woolery did miss the header but would much prefer if it was Mugabi/Lamie attacking it.  Having strikers in the box defending is always a calamity. 

We need to set ourselves better for set pieces and have the right people in the right position.   hoping the big Finnish dude will be gobbling up these balls into the box , all day long. 

On 8/9/2021 at 4:16 PM, Busta Nut said:

You are very right here. 

I don't blame him for the goal. I still think he's not very good.

I'm not a fan of SOD.  I don't think he was to blame. He could rightfully have expected Woolery to get some kind of touch on the ball to deflect  its trajectory he didn't. Before SOD could react the ball was in the net.

18 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'm not a fan of SOD.  I don't think he was to blame. He could rightfully have expected Woolery to get some kind of touch on the ball to deflect  its trajectory he didn't. Before SOD could react the ball was in the net.

Kelly didn’t react either, all seemed to happen quickly

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that StJohnstone got a draw in their Europa Conference League Playoff Round first leg tonight, did a bit of Googling and the prizes awarded are pretty decent, almost 3m euros for group stage qualification alone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

That's a game changer for Scottish clubs like us.

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I saw that StJohnstone got a draw in their Europa Conference League Playoff Round first leg tonight, did a bit of Googling and the prizes awarded are pretty decent, almost 3m euros for group stage qualification alone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

That's a game changer for Scottish clubs like us.

Heard on the radio earlier that it’s 2.9m euros for qualifying, 300,000 euros for draw and 500,000 euros for a win in the group stages.