Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

This just arrived via email...

Getting in to Dens

Dundee have asked us to remind all fans of the following information.

Firstly, turnstiles are open from 1.45pm. Try and get in the ground early if you can.

Wear your mask when entering the ground and when in enclosed areas of the stadium, and help us by sticking to your allocated seat.

No kiosks will be open and a five-minute holdback of Motherwell fans will happen to ensure surrounding streets are clear.

Apparently Grimshaw and O'Hara are nearing fitness and may make the squad tomorrow. That's good news for the team and the lads themselves of course. However I'm with OTF about the latter. He does have energy and physical presence but lacks positional awareness. 

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Watt back in for Shields and Lawless in for Donnelly with Maguire in CDM. Lawless played well when he came on last weekend.

I think I would be happy with that. Would also like to see Ojala getting a start. Lawless probably deserves a start after his positive impact last week in Perth. Could provide the link between the midfield & attack we’ve been lacking. 

Kelly

Sod Mugabi Ojala Carroll

Maguire Slattery

Woolery Lawless Watt

Van Veen

I’ll take a 1-0 win and hope for a winnable home tie in the next round. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GawnUpBy? said:

I think I would be happy with that. Would also like to see Ojala getting a start. Lawless probably deserves a start after his positive impact last week in Perth. Could provide the link between the midfield & attack we’ve been lacking. 

Kelly

Sod Mugabi Ojala Carroll

Maguire Slattery

Woolery Lawless Watt

Van Veen

Slattery was brought in as a forward thinking midfield player not to sit in front of the back 4

1 hour ago, GawnUpBy? said:

Kelly

Sod Mugabi Ojala Carroll

Maguire Slattery

Woolery Lawless Watt

Van Veen

Harsh on Lamie considering recent comments?

Our strongest team needs to start this one. No treating this as “just the league cup” or any nonsense like that. This is a must win game in a competition that we should be looking to go as far as possible in.

Reckon we’ll sneak it 3-2.

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Watt back in for Shields and Lawless in for Donnelly with Maguire in CDM. Lawless played well when he came on last weekend.

Not sure about Maguire at CDM Gazzy. Has he played there well before? To me he's a bit like O'Hara, but not in style. I just don't know where they fit in to the midfield. They're hard to pigeonhole.  Donnelly is an out and out CDM, Slattery is a Gorrin style all rounder. Just now our midfield mix just isn't right.

I see on the Dundee website it says the following: "At this time we are not permitted to show the match via PPV. We are awaiting further information from the SPFL to advise if this will be possible." Really can't see why they would be blocked n showing the game

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Anybody but that wee h*n

Did you just find out he comes from a Rangers family? He's talked about that for years. 

Do we drop all players that go and watch other teams, or just him? And ban ex-players that come back to watch a game at Fir Park? And not sign anyone that played for the OF?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not sure about Maguire at CDM Gazzy. Has he played there well before? To me he's a bit like O'Hara, but not in style. I just don't know where they fit in to the midfield. They're hard to pigeonhole.  Donnelly is an out and out CDM, Slattery is a Gorrin style all rounder. Just now our midfield mix just isn't right.

It may not be his best position but he'd be far better than Donnelly was last weekend. I like Donnelly but he is miles off it right now.

It would also give us a bit more quality with Lawless in between their defence and midfield, something we badly lacked last week.

And it would also piss off O'Neills40yarder.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Harsh on Lamie considering recent comments?

It’s a tough choice on who to drop from Lamie & Mugabi. Mugabi provides a goal threat from set pieces (albeit at both ends) so he shades it for me. I actually believe that O’Connor being dropped after the group cup games was unjustified and he deserved to start vs Hibs. 

4 hours ago, Coatsy said:

Slattery was brought in as a forward thinking midfield player not to sit in front of the back 4

Yes but getting the ball from our defence and providing passes to forwards looks like what he is gd at.  Donnelly last week was poor and slattery looks to have something about him.

I feel we should have too much for what looks to be a relegation team in dundee and I hope tomorrow proves it.

Really looking forward to 1st away day since?? Hearts?  Cant remember now been so long. Here's hoping same score and performance as last one up there which was a good night.

52 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I read on Twitter someone saying the game weill be on a Turkish Sports Channel for those with the necessary app to get it. Does anyone know which Turkish channel its on. 

As long as the game doesn't turn out to be a load of 'turkish delight', we'll be fine.

• Haha 1