Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

54 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That's a pretty big presumption. Most managers don't give out information like that - and given the current circumstances with Covid, situations change daily.

I don’t think it is to be honest, most clubs communicate news about injuries and most certainly do about covid cases. If they are missing due to injury or covid related issues then fair enough, there’s nothing anyone can do about that but if they are simply dropped/rested and we lose then questions need to be asked of the selection decisions.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Subscribed to Dundee TV, connected to a VPN, boom, got the game.

Someone remind me to cancel it.

gazzy                                                           mind and cancel your dundee tv 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I don’t think it is to be honest, most clubs communicate news about injuries and most certainly do about covid cases. If they are missing due to injury or covid related issues then fair enough, there’s nothing anyone can do about that but if they are simply dropped/rested and we lose then questions need to be asked of the selection decisions.

Van Veen has a knock and SOD has the shits apparently

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Guys in all seriousness it's quite easy to do if you can be arsed. Download any VPN (you can get a free trial), connect to somewhere outside the UK, go to deetv.dundeefc.co.uk , sign up, subscribe, and you can get the game.

Very true.

Or.... Scottish football could wake up to the fact that it's 2021,  embrace digitalisation in the knowledge that increased television audiences means bigger tv deals whilst providing a better matchday experience to "legacy fans"  (i abhor that expression but it will do the job in this case)  ie. allowing low volume alcohol in games which are not considered police threat - as this would be. Bigger digitalisation means bigger exposure and in turn bigger engagement. Keep in mind the UK is the only nation in europe (before brexit) that does not allow tv at all matches. 

We have people running our game (and on the point of alcohol - connecting and negotiating with government) with narrow vision and an out of date mentality.

7 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Very true.

Or.... Scottish football could wake up to the fact that it's 2021,  embrace digitalisation in the knowledge that increased television audiences means bigger tv deals whilst providing a better matchday experience to "legacy fans"  (i abhor that expression but it will do the job in this case)  ie. allowing low volume alcohol in games which are not considered police threat - as this would be. Bigger digitalisation means bigger exposure and in turn bigger engagement. Keep in mind the UK is the only nation in europe (before brexit) that does not allow tv at all matches. 

We have people running our game (and on the point of alcohol - connecting and negotiating with government) with narrow vision and an out of date mentality.

Sorry, more tv equals less fans at games ,less atmosphere and never have booze available outwith hospitality. 

• Like 1