Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

Been a pretty tame game so far. Dundee have had some dangerous balls across the box to no one, and about 50 corners, but we've had the best chance with shields trying to murder the ball and missing from around the penalty spot.

We only look dangerous when Lawless and Slattery are on the ball, as they aren't just punting it every time they have it. 

It feels like we're not setting ourselves up to take advantage of woolery's pace and being able to body everyone. 

Ojala has been fine, and it's nice to see grimshaw again, hopefully he does a line to line horizontal dribble for old times sake.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stv said:

Sorry, more tv equals less fans at games ,less atmosphere and never have booze available outwith hospitality. 

Crowds have not been impacted by any leagues in europe through television coverage  (if you accept that they have then you accept that you have tapped every single possible consumer which is either foolish or a bit nihilistic) - hence why it is available in all countries other than the UK. Similar sized nations to scotland and others. Someone may fact check me on the other, but keep in mind that Scotland is one of only two nations in the world who's national team matches are behind a paywall - it's little wonder that it's more common to see kids in real madrid or barcelona kits than motherwell or united - neither national nor the national league is something that is highly exposed to the population. 

Take the example of the herald newspaper - they didnt improve their physical product (as others in media did ) and stuck their digital content behind a paywall. It's now a relative fossil in the media - the reality is that push marketing is essential to gain customer headspace in 2021; closed loops are a thing of the past. 

For sure, crowds have lessened over the past 50 years however this is largely due to seating stadia and increased pricing rather than TV options. 

Also true regarding booze however my point was that we are reverting to type rather than improving and finding ways to engage supporters both in stadia and digitally. Increasing matchday experience to ensure people want to be there whilst also ensuring that the casual fan engages via the medium of tv - as is the case everywhere else. 

I'm not blaming the club but I'm blaming Scottish football at large. It has reverted to type and will die of it's own naval gazing if there isn't massive shake up. 

Anyway... mon the well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We also have the best per head football attendances in the Europe.

and one of the worst funded and least internationally engaged leagues in europe 

My point is that we've apparently given up on the thought of exponential growth in the product which is leading to cyclical decline - saddening 

Edited by Kmac