Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

I for one am absolutely astonished that with a half completed transfer window, largely mediocre signings from down south, not signing the second centre half, midfielder and winger that we have been crying out for since 2019 that we have 1 point from 6 and are out of the cup. Who would have thought it.

Just now, 'WellMagic! said:

Commentary has been good on Dee TV - not overbearing and very balanced.

Much better Lewis Irons hitting out with cliches every sentence, and Jock Brown consistently misnaming black players.  

You are joking I assume, they barely speak English. " he's a colosus and he's made himself big" eh? If he's a colosus he's big already and if anything he'd make himself bigger.

• Like 1

Sadly the poor start to the season I could see coming. That’s a very disappointed result against one of the relegation favourites. I think we all know we need strengthening and fast if we want to turn things around, the midfield has to be about the weakest in the whole division and that’s a bit of a worry.

Beaten 1-0 off a team that conceded 8 goals in their first two league games. 

The team we started today are Championship level. Years of shambolic windows continue to cripple us. We need a strong finish to this one. Lamie, Donnelly, Maguire and Lawless shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Sadly the poor start to the season I could see coming. That’s a very disappointed result against one of the relegation favourites. I think we all know we need strengthening and fast if we want to turn things around, the midfield has to be about the weakest in the whole division and that’s a bit of a worry.

dont look at them as relagation       you dont need to look that far 

7 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

No need to worry we will sign the correct players by 2025. 

GA better pull the fkin finger out and pronto 

He does but as I said the other week there, our issues run alot deeper than the manager. Our recruitment and scouting system is abysmal.

Going by our transfer business during every window since 2017 then I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in us getting the players that we need in before the end of the month.

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

There maybe he been a clue that Watt isn't a goal scorer by looking at his 'goals scored' column over the entirety of his career.

Given we have no craft in midfield coupled with the fact he's not out an out and out scorer it's strikingly obvious he should play in the old number 10 position .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

He does but as I said the other week there, our issues run alot deeper than the manager. Our recruitment and scouting system is abysmal.

agree - our issues have been slapping us in the face for 18+ months.

That said we've perservered with the same formation that doesn't work, many players that don't work for far too long.

I'm not clear what the new regime offers differently from what robbo's set up offered  - would love to see a different approach to games  - 

On the face of it,I don't have to many problems with the signings that we have made so far,the problem lies in how we're going about things,it's clear to everybody that the system doesn't suit.there is absolutely no link up or cohesion in this team,the defence are on there own to deal with it,the midfield offers nothing defensively or in an attacking sense and that forward line today wouldn't be out of place in the league below playing like that.

• Like 1

I like 433, but we don't have the squad to play it. I also like passing it out from the back, but we face the same limitations there. Short corners are fine if you have the players to execute.  If we're in the process of bringing in players that suit these things, then great. But we can't shoehorn the current squad into that.

Punting on the early games is a huge risk.