Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

Well for sure the buzz from the first game against Hibs has disappeared.

But stats don't like. Our season began when the group stages kicked off and it hasn't been good.  Potential home cup tie and associated revenue out the window during a season we really needed it.

I have faith in Alexander. He has passion. But by God does he make some questionable decisions. I am also getting the vibe he has the potential to be one stubborn git.

Wasn't at the game today but I'm hearing some of our own supporters acted like absolute weapons today. We are different and above that.

26 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

He does but as I said the other week there, our issues run alot deeper than the manager. Our recruitment and scouting system is abysmal.

Going by our transfer business during every window since 2017 then I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in us getting the players that we need in before the end of the month.

Hardly Mr Current Affairs are you? 

19 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Wasn't at the game today but I'm hearing some of our own supporters acted like absolute weapons today. We are different and above that.

Saw a few reports of that on twitter, though some appear to be saying that it was down to the stewards. Who knows though, but not good to hear either way.

24 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

We need to be better 

If this guy was a thorn in the side of Alexander when his teams played against him then either the standard of Alexanders teams were crap or he could not figure out how to stop him either scenario does not bode well for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

The young boy  Brown that we let go and is now at Queens Park has more footballing ability in him than Maguire and Donnelly put together 

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

correct

Do you guys think this guy is the answer?
A guy we let go and has played a handful of league one games at best?

I know he was thought of as being talented but I don't understand why this guy is flavour of the month on here just now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know he was thought of as being talented but I don't understand why this guy is flavour of the month on here just now. 

Because we’re watching Maguire and Donnelly playing in there week in week out and there just not good enough !!!!

Dont know where all this Donnelly is a midfielde comes from … … …  like Jake Hastie he had a 6 game purple patch in there and score about 6 goals ( half of the penalties) 

They are both defenders not midfielders and they play like defenders neither of them have the nous to play in that position ……… certainly not both of the in the same team we might get away with one of them in there but not both of them.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Because we’re watching Maguire and Donnelly playing in there week in week out and there just not good enough !!!!

Dont know where all this Donnelly is a midfielde comes from … … …  like Jake Hastie he had a 6 game purple patch in there and score about 6 goals ( half of the penalties) 

They are both defenders not midfielders and they play like defenders neither of them have the nous to play in that position ……… certainly not both of the in the same team we might get away with one of them in there but not both of them.

Tell me about Brown though.

I watch the same Motherwell side as you. I know the midfield is baws. I am not just shouting the name of any midfielders playing in our 3rd/4th tiers that used to play with us. 

27 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

I agree with that,especially the last paragraph,add in the fact that donnolly looks miles off the pace in terms of fitness and sharpness,after being out so long it's clear that he isn't ready to be starting games.we can't afford to have both him and maguire in the team at the same time,it's clear already it doesn't work.im not a fan of a midfield three and if alexander is going to persist with it then there's serious work needing done starting with bringing in a player that's going to make a difference not just another squad filler like crawford.

54 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

For those of us without Twitter - what went down?

Seen a few from Dundee fans saying some of our fans goading/fighting with “old men just trying to get home” after the game and a good few calling our fans ‘scumbags’ etc but at the same time a few Motherwell fans posting that it was the stewards/police who escalated the situation. Always two sides to every story of course. I wasn’t there myself so couldn’t say either way.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Seen a few from Dundee fans saying some of our fans goading/fighting with “old men just trying to get home” after the game and a good few calling our fans ‘scumbags’ etc but at the same time a few Motherwell fans posting that it was the stewards/police who escalated the situation. Always two sides to every story of course. I wasn’t there myself so couldn’t say either way.

We do seem to have an element that cause trouble which isn't good.  Come on folks,  support the team in the proper way,  COYW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

Saw a few reports of that on twitter, though some appear to be saying that it was down to the stewards. Who knows though, but not good to hear either way.

In fairness to the fans and the bois in particular, all I saw whilst there was the fans getting right behind the team. No missiles, no piros, just singing from beginning to end. I'd rather the stewards dealt with the drunk/high/both- weapon that was behind me who did nothing but curse and swear at our players all game. We don't need 'fans' like that and I use the term fan very lightly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Shields is mince.

I disagree, I thought he had good first half although unlucky when hitting the bar when should have placed into any of the corners, I am sure he will come good as he is not scared of having a shot on goal and the more game time will help him.

if you had said our midfield was mince then I would agree!

Very disappointing performance. Many of the players don't look bothered about about the result. We seem to be just knocking the ball about the back line and hoping something will happen. We have 0 creativity, our best/only proper chance today came from a mistake by Dundee.

I do think some of these players will come good. Wether they start clicking under Alexander remains to be seen. I'm in no way calling for the managers head but the longer these performances go on the pressure will build on GA.

A slight positive for me. Thought Grimshaw looked decent after being out for so long. He's not the most talented but you'll always get 100% out of him.

On the arsehole fans: as I was leaving I saw some old guy lying on the pavement outside a pub. Looked like he had a battering and was covered in blood. I really hope its not connected to our fans.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

never said he was the answer       but by feck when he played against us he was the man         maybe the man weve not got 

Where do you start with that today? Keeper aside, a team full of absolute crap. Maybe also being harsh on Grimshaw too. 

Carroll was stinking, hardly a decent cross from him the whole game, but then again not a decent striker to aim at. The boy Woolery seems to have pace to burn but doesn’t know how to utilise it, won’t take a man on and can’t seem to keep the ball under control. 

No point in mentioning the midfield, why comment on something that isn’t actually there? 

Shields should have buried his chance, but not sure if he had we would have seen the game out as we are absolutely abysmal. 

I really do fear we could be in big trouble come the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Really poor today but I'm still not prepared to hit the panic button just yet

Just make sure you know where it is and keep it handy. I said the other week I’d wait till the first round of fixtures were done before coming to any conclusion so I’ll wait. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Sorry to hear about trouble at today's game and I don't know much of what took place but it seems the stewards, at best, didn't help matters. Did they remove a flag from advertising hoardings and deny fans access to water?

https://www.facebook.com/SIWYfanzine/posts/4305985216154722