Dundee v Motherwell PSCup 14/8/21

SteelmaninOZ

9 hours ago, mfc said:

We may get away with playing 433 at home for most games but yesterday showed yet again that we can't play that system away from home.theres not one area of the team that looks comfortable in how we're trying to play,the defence is horrifically exposed at all times,I can't believe the amount of crosses we let into the box,there's no attempt to even close down,you would think we had quality centre halfs that could deal with everything that comes there way,your told even at boys club level that stop the cross you stop the goal but this seems to be a tactic of ours just not to bother and it's bit us on the arse this season more than once.the midfield is all very rigid,it's three players that basically play around the half way line,the offer nothing defensively or in an attacking sense,I'm assuming that's down to the manager as you would think players would be busting a gut to get forward and it's vital in the formation we play.for as well as we did against hibs,the movement of there front three caused us all kinds of problems because they interchange really well,one minute murphy would be wide the next he would be central,same goes for boyle and then nisbet would drift in a dangerous area,where our three look like there told,your there,your there and your there and we're just hoping something happens,everything is far to rigid in our play and we're going to be far to easy to play against especially away from home.i think we have enough good players to give us a decent season but I just don't see it happening if we keep going with the tactics we're currently using,there's definite tweaks needing done going forward.

Paragraph 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

You must have plenty time on your hands Smiddy in yer office tae read awe the posts 

naw yodo my old sparring partner  i am on annual leave on a beach in sunny spain with nothing else to do but drink lager and watch peoples mistakes being jumped on   CHEERS