Referees

middleeastdave

I noticed that  Malmö last night not happy with Alan McGregor handling the ball outside his box and only getting a yellow card, just remind us of Carson 4 years ago against St Johnstone getting sent off for allegedly handling outside the box, what is the ruling on the goalkeepers handling the ball outside the box, maybe a different ruling from UEFA and SFA?

Trevor was also booked for holding the ball more than six second rule, must be the only goalkeeper in Scotland to have been punished for this ruling yet most goalkeepers do break this rule continuously every week!

22 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I noticed that  Malmö last night not happy with Alan McGregor handling the ball outside his box and only getting a yellow card, just remind us of Carson 4 years ago against St Johnstone getting sent off for allegedly handling outside the box, what is the ruling on the goalkeepers handling the ball outside the box, maybe a different ruling from UEFA and SFA?

Trevor was also booked for holding the ball more than six second rule, must be the only goalkeeper in Scotland to have been punished for this ruling yet most goalkeepers do break this rule continuously every week!

As far as I am aware it should be a red card, maybe the ref thought it was not deliberate, or more likely he bottled it .

I don't know what the definition of a handball is these days either, but the punishment for goalkeepers outside the box is the same as for an outfield player: yellow for stopping a "promising attack", red for denying a "clear goalscoring opportunity".

I think Trevor Carson was red carded at Perth for denying St Johnstone a clear goal scoring opportunity, although that's debatable. That was a memorable game for all the wrong reasons.

I think he was also pulled up recently at Tannadice for breaching the 6 second rule, or similar. How often does that happen? 

1 hour ago, Mortonhallwell said:

It was Craig Thomson who was the referee when Carson was sent off and it seemed he had a vendetta against us. At one stage of the season he had sent off 5 players, all Motherwell! So glad he has retired. 

Yes he did. Weren’t 2 or 3 of them overturned?

4 hours ago, Mortonhallwell said:

It was Craig Thomson who was the referee when Carson was sent off and it seemed he had a vendetta against us. At one stage of the season he had sent off 5 players, all Motherwell! So glad he has retired. 

3 of them were Kipre