Updated Club Crest

underboyleheating

6 minutes ago, numpty said:

It still looks like a battleship steamer to me, to be honest, just a more detailed one. Even has a proper bow at the front, now...

Believe it or not the drawing is apparently based on an actual view of the Steelworks from an old photograph. The original scene had been ‘rotted’ over the years and has only now been ‘cleaned up’. Certainly 100% better than we had. 

8 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Believe it or not the drawing is apparently based on an actual view of the Steelworks from an old photograph.

Oh, I don't doubt that at all... it's just unfortunate* that in silhouette, it looked like a ship :)

* Or actually quite fitting, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, numpty said:

Oh, I don't doubt that at all... it's just unfortunate* that in silhouette, it looked like a ship :)

* Or actually quite fitting, I suppose.

Yes the brain is a funny thing and it tends to interpret images down to a more recognisable subject matter. A battle steamer is a more common subject than perhaps a steelworks scene. I mocked up an adapted the crest a few years ago which I copied from a closer steelworks image, but the adaption was too radical for some. 

24 minutes ago, Ballso said:

If only we would use the proper colours more. I’ve noticed more often now that we’re using single coloured crests on a lot of strips and training kit. 

It’s a fashion trend, these things tend to come and go and are usually led by the big brands and others follow suit. This has happened for years. 

9 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Or “Punching way above our weight” in Latin or something.

pulsare supra pondus

Couldn't manage 'Welcome to our great wee club'......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

See the media team have just published the ‘new badge’ story.

I’ve campaigned for this to be fixed for years. It’s still not 100% perfect but then again I do have a touch of OCD. These little things will still annoy me but hopefully I can see past them.  However, lets not forget it’s a marked improvement on what has gone before. I worked for the agency who handled the Motherwell account during the John Boyle era and we joked about the state of the artwork that was supplied to us by Motherwell. We sadly had no authority, or budget to change it despite making our concerns known to the club. I’m happy we have now given it a spruce up, even though it’s taken a while to put into motion. The ordinary punter won’t notice the changes, but for anyone with a keen eye for detail it’s everything. Getting ALL media outlets to update it will be the next challenge. 

8 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ve campaigned for this to be fixed for years. It’s still not 100% perfect but then again I do have a touch of OCD. These little things will still annoy me but hopefully I can see past them.  However, lets not forget it’s a marked improvement on what has gone before. I worked for the agency who handled the Motherwell account during the John Boyle era and we joked about the state of the artwork that was supplied to us by Motherwell. We sadly had no authority, or budget to change it despite making our concerns known to the club. I’m happy we have now given it a spruce up, even though it’s taken a while to put into motion. The ordinary punter won’t notice the changes, but for anyone with a keen eye for detail it’s everything. Getting ALL media outlets to update it will be the next challenge. 

A bit of a random question, during the Boyle years we seemed to have some alternative badge that was in the background of TV interviews, essentially it looked the same but the contents of the middle section were different circular icons, you could never see the full thing. Do you know what that was about?

13 hours ago, Kat said:

A bit of a random question, during the Boyle years we seemed to have some alternative badge that was in the background of TV interviews, essentially it looked the same but the contents of the middle section were different circular icons, you could never see the full thing. Do you know what that was about?

I would need to see an image. I don’t remember ever being asked to create anything like that.