Livingston v Motherwell 21/08/21

Toxteth O'Grady

Is it too early to be worrying that his is a "must win" game? Surely.

I hope we still have some quality to add to ur squad before the transfer window closes. Time will be required to bed in new players and find our best eleven and system. No point getting too downbeat at the moment, at least until we see how the completed rebuild works out.

I do understand that we are coming from a period of poor performances and underachievement, so can see why some are losing heart, but you have to give the manager and squad a chance to get up and running. Throw in Livingston's unattractive style of play and a football defying playing surface and this becomes a joyless fixture which won't spark much enthusiasm. Still, two nil to the good guys is not beyond the bounds of reality and may just lift our spirits before the next pending disaster.

8 hours ago, The African said:

Is it too early to be worrying that his is a "must win" game? Surely.

I hope we still have some quality to add to ur squad before the transfer window closes. Time will be required to bed in new players and find our best eleven and system. No point getting too downbeat at the moment, at least until we see how the completed rebuild works out.

I do understand that we are coming from a period of poor performances and underachievement, so can see why some are losing heart, but you have to give the manager and squad a chance to get up and running. Throw in Livingston's unattractive style of play and a football defying playing surface and this becomes a joyless fixture which won't spark much enthusiasm. Still, two nil to the good guys is not beyond the bounds of reality and may just lift our spirits before the next pending disaster.

If we havent won a game by the end if the first round of fixtures AND there is still no sign of a structure and patterns if play to give us any hope that our prospects will change, then I think it would be fair enough to start asking serious questions.

However, this is a new group of players. We need to see the rebuild complete and give players a chance to get to know each other and the league before we start getting itchy trigger fingers.

There are a lot of question marks at the moment without doubt.  But the manager and the players deserve at least a chance to try and answer them.

Expect a shitfest today, although the rain will help the surface. Wont be paying £20 to watch it. But might have to use an alternative streaming source and watch through my fingers.....

8 minutes ago, Kat said:

Todays Team

Kelly, Grimshaw, Mugabi, Ojala, Lamie, Carroll, Slattery, O'Hara, Woolery, Amaluzor, Watt

Subs

Fox, Van Veen, Lawless, O'Connor, McGinley, Shields and Crawford.

selection puzzles me most weeks  - looks like only 2 midfielders unless we're playing Grimmie in right midfield. 

Personally not seen enough from either Woolery or Amaluzor to convince me to play them ahead of VV or Shields.  Hopefully they start shining today. 

1 minute ago, wellowell said:

No O,Donnell again weard 1 as was fit enough to play golf on Monday with a few of the team at Bothwell and as Alexander said missed Saturday due to illness seems strange still out . 

suspect he's on his way out.   I liked Kelly's update the other day but wondered why it was him and not S'OD - it was an updated you'd expect from a captain.

8 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

selection puzzles me most weeks  - looks like only 2 midfielders unless we're playing Grimmie in right midfield. 

Personally not seen enough from either Woolery or Amaluzor to convince me to play them ahead of VV or Shields.  Hopefully they start shining today. 

343, utter nonsense. A recipe for disaster...

• Like 1

FFS....Woolery has been DIRE and seems to get 90 mins every week. He's fannying about with formations again. Beginning to think Alexander got lucky last year, kind of 2nd Term McGhee'esque. Steadied the sinking ship with what he had and then fucked it with his own 'stamp on things'...