Livingston v Motherwell 21/08/21

Toxteth O'Grady

1 minute ago, Kat said:

That must have been the first shot that have mustered up, just typifies us as of late. Thought we had been playing well on that pitch.

Just saying to my mate. Teams only need a couple of chances to score against us. We need double figures attempts to score a goal. 

Mugabi…you would be as well putting a statue in defence. Too easily beat. 

Poor, poor goal to lose but we're easy to play against all over the park. We have zero creativity in the final third and every pass in there is 90% hope. Nowhere near good enough against a piss poor livi side. I'm not blaming the park either we're just shite. 

Half time and nothing to shout about from a Motherwell perspective. It is difficult to see how we will get anything from this game if the pattern of play doesn't change. We have created nothing. We have no cohesion between the defence, midfield or front line. We have a very soft defence that will most likely lose another goal in the second half. Changes needed, but we just don't have the personnel.

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

Slow, no movement, unable to take advantage of any half chance that comes our way then we concede with the first effort on target against us.

That could be describing about 80% of our games over the past two years.

Yes, very depressing watch as a Motherwell fan. Some serious business required before the transfer window closes. Beyond that, there is a huge coaching job to be done to create a team from what we will have.

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

Should be a busy week at FP next week players coming and going 

I think it could end up being pretty quite unless we are looking at last minute panic signings, I think we’ve held on for a number of players and its not panned out. I’d be surprised if anyone leaves.

2 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

for me the basics are missing - we allow poor teams to have c60% possession -end up sitting with 5 men in defence without ever getting tight.

For their goal - we didn't get close to Forrest.

Initially Lamie gives the guy acres of space to collect the ball and drive across the top of the box. Then Mugabi doesn’t close down on Forest.