Jump to content

Toxteth O'Grady

Livingston v Motherwell 21/08/21

Recommended Posts

Is it too early to be worrying that his is a "must win" game? Surely.

I hope we still have some quality to add to ur squad before the transfer window closes. Time will be required to bed in new players and find our best eleven and system. No point getting too downbeat at the moment, at least until we see how the completed rebuild works out.

I do understand that we are coming from a period of poor performances and underachievement, so can see why some are losing heart, but you have to give the manager and squad a chance to get up and running. Throw in Livingston's unattractive style of play and a football defying playing surface and this becomes a joyless fixture which won't spark much enthusiasm. Still, two nil to the good guys is not beyond the bounds of reality and may just lift our spirits before the next pending disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The African said:

Is it too early to be worrying that his is a "must win" game? Surely.

I hope we still have some quality to add to ur squad before the transfer window closes. Time will be required to bed in new players and find our best eleven and system. No point getting too downbeat at the moment, at least until we see how the completed rebuild works out.

I do understand that we are coming from a period of poor performances and underachievement, so can see why some are losing heart, but you have to give the manager and squad a chance to get up and running. Throw in Livingston's unattractive style of play and a football defying playing surface and this becomes a joyless fixture which won't spark much enthusiasm. Still, two nil to the good guys is not beyond the bounds of reality and may just lift our spirits before the next pending disaster.

If we havent won a game by the end if the first round of fixtures AND there is still no sign of a structure and patterns if play to give us any hope that our prospects will change, then I think it would be fair enough to start asking serious questions.

However, this is a new group of players. We need to see the rebuild complete and give players a chance to get to know each other and the league before we start getting itchy trigger fingers.

There are a lot of question marks at the moment without doubt.  But the manager and the players deserve at least a chance to try and answer them.

Expect a shitfest today, although the rain will help the surface. Wont be paying £20 to watch it. But might have to use an alternative streaming source and watch through my fingers.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need victories to build confidence - the sooner we get a win on the board the better - particularly against teams like Livi.

today is great opportunity for get max points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todays Team

Kelly, Grimshaw, Mugabi, Ojala, Lamie, Carroll, Slattery, O'Hara, Woolery, Amaluzor, Watt

Subs

Fox, Van Veen, Lawless, O'Connor, McGinley, Shields and Crawford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No O,Donnell again weard 1 as was fit enough to play golf on Monday with a few of the team at Bothwell and as Alexander said missed Saturday due to illness seems strange still out . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kat said:

Todays Team

Kelly, Grimshaw, Mugabi, Ojala, Lamie, Carroll, Slattery, O'Hara, Woolery, Amaluzor, Watt

Subs

Fox, Van Veen, Lawless, O'Connor, McGinley, Shields and Crawford.

selection puzzles me most weeks  - looks like only 2 midfielders unless we're playing Grimmie in right midfield. 

Personally not seen enough from either Woolery or Amaluzor to convince me to play them ahead of VV or Shields.  Hopefully they start shining today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wellowell said:

No O,Donnell again weard 1 as was fit enough to play golf on Monday with a few of the team at Bothwell and as Alexander said missed Saturday due to illness seems strange still out . 

suspect he's on his way out.   I liked Kelly's update the other day but wondered why it was him and not S'OD - it was an updated you'd expect from a captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That team is giving me the fear already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donnelly and Maguire drop right out of the team. Has anything said about them on the injury front?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

selection puzzles me most weeks  - looks like only 2 midfielders unless we're playing Grimmie in right midfield. 

Personally not seen enough from either Woolery or Amaluzor to convince me to play them ahead of VV or Shields.  Hopefully they start shining today. 

343, utter nonsense. A recipe for disaster...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O’Donnell may just be getting rested, he had no real break in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be but definitely said last week he was out through illness. Their is no consistency in Alexander,s team picks these days let’s just hope he knows what he’s doing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS....Woolery has been DIRE and seems to get 90 mins every week. He's fannying about with formations again. Beginning to think Alexander got lucky last year, kind of 2nd Term McGhee'esque. Steadied the sinking ship with what he had and then fucked it with his own 'stamp on things'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m normally a glass half full kinda guy but fuck me what is that team selection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, Donnelly and Maguire are defenders who play in midfield and aren't available for some reason.

Therefore, one of those CBs is a midfielder today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

343, utter nonsense. A recipe for disaster...

Even worse it can become a 5-2-3 - which happened in the cup game

It's essential that we push Grimmie and Carrol forward enough and that we keep Watt central or just behind the front 2.

In short make it work in midfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexander has identified that mid field is our problem so he hasn't picked a mid field.  Very strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we picked this team anywhere else I'd be up in arms but we are basically matching Livi on their shit tip of a pitch. 

Only three recognized midfielders in the squad so that is definitely where we need extra numbers (and quality). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just hope to feck lamie cuts out the long" to no cant "40 yard punt up the park balls , we need to at least try to include our ,,,,, dare i say midfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing surface looks as inviting as usual :umbrage:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-21-at-9-50-15-AM.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×