Captain Kelly

SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Maybe if SODs has the shits for the rest of the season.

Or maybe he leaves?

was here not talk a week or two ago about him possibly getting a move down south?

Could his alleged bout of the shits be a load of just that?

* all my own wild speculation no inside info or shred of fact in above statement. :)

Personally, Ive never bought into the importance of an on field captain. I think the captains role should primarily be as a conduit between the players and the manager/club and whoever has the trust/respect of both the manager and the players is best suited to the role.

On the field I want to see leadership all over the park. It shouldnt be down to just one player to do that. Unfortunately thats an area where we have been sadly lacking in the past couple if seasons.

Robbo put great faith in the beginning to getting the right sort of player through the door with the right mentality, and it paid dividends with a run to 2 cup finals in one season. 

Sadly, that strength of character has been lacking for some time under both Robbo and now GA.

In short we are far too soft/nice a team, so our lack of football ability in certain areas is magnified. 

Hopefully that can be rectified before the window closes and some of the new signings will be able to bed in and show their worth......

It'll be interesting to see if Bevis Mugabi will be selected for Uganda's World Cup qualifiers and, if so, if we release him. They have games in Kenya and at home in Uganda coming up, both are on the UK red-list, so require quarantine on return.

A few EPL clubs stating they won't release players unless the need to quarantine on return is dropped. Includes Liverpool who will stop Salah going to Egypt for a game and who also have 3 Brazil players in their squad.

6 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

It'll be interesting to see if Bevis Mugabi will be selected for Uganda's World Cup qualifiers and, if so, if we release him. They have games in Kenya and at home in Uganda coming up, both are on the UK red-list, so require quarantine on return.

A few EPL clubs stating they won't release players unless the need to quarantine on return is dropped. Includes Liverpool who will stop Salah going to Egypt for a game and who also have 3 Brazil players in their squad.

I'd be happy for the club to support the decision of the player in this instance. If he wants to take the risk in order to represent his country, then fair play to him. As long as he then follows the necessary protocols to ensure a safe and healthy return, then all should be okay.

• Like 1

Was thinking the same. I can't see us standing in the way of a player getting an international cap, so let him make his own decision and make sure all the protocols are followed. 

Amd with all due respect to Bevis, he's not as important to us as Salah is to Liverpool.