Motherwell v Dundee 28/08/21

SteelmaninOZ

19 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Oh it’s a red all day every day for me, I just posted the screenshot coz I wondered who actually gave the foul given Collum couldn’t really see it and the lino’s flag never went up. 

Collum wiggled his head about like he had spotted a pound coin in the grass ten yards away. He was still doing it a couple of seconds after the tackle, fuck knows what he thought he was going to see then. 

5 hours ago, stv said:

Can i just add zero points against Hibs, three points against Dundee .Where is the regression there ? 

The comment was a direct response to Busta saying we wont get entertained under GA.

In my mind, we were plenty entertaining against Hibs. Sadly we never picked up any points. Compare and contrast with Saturday where we managed a win but the old saying of 'that would get fitbaw stopped' could easily apply to that game.

56 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

The comment was a direct response to Busta saying we wont get entertained under GA.

In my mind, we were plenty entertaining against Hibs. Sadly we never picked up any points. Compare and contrast with Saturday where we managed a win but the old saying of 'that would get fitbaw stopped' could easily apply to that game.

Its going to be a bit hit n miss like that until we have a settled team and they get used to playing together. I think we will do well once that happens . We are going for points on the board once we are in front and im happy with that for time being.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, steelboy said:

He's a lot better than Seedorf.

Our attacking play hasn't clicked yet but we are still scoring and making chances.

Literally the best ball Woolery had at the weekend was when he tried to take a touch, his touch was so bad the ball ricocheted up and off his face and then dropped into a good position for him to run on to it.

Maybe it was just one of those things that happens to everyone once in a while but when it happens the first time you see a guy it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

Two points on the weekend

1) We played 4-3-3 against 4-5-1 and won despite playing quite poorly.  I'll highlight this as evidence on my claim that formations don't really matter much at this level of football, or at least are hugely over rated in terms of determining who actually wins a game.

2) Our shots to shots on target ratio last season under Robinson was about 1 in 4.  This season (small sample size I'll admit) it's 1 in 2.  Big, big difference if you want to dig out results.

20/21 Robinson - 3.82

20/21 Alexander - 3.00

21/22 Alexander - 2.00

I dunno, maybe it's an aspect of the game that Alexander deserves a wee bit credit for.

• Like 3

For me playing the right formation is more about getting the most out of your players on the park than it is matching up against the opposition. If you get the most out of your players then you have a better chance of winning.  …… having said that I miss the days when you would stick a player on top of the opposition star player and not give him a minutes peace. I see that as a perfect role for Grimshaw.