Nordic question

livivoice

With the Norwegian Adonis about to join and thereby being the first from that country to play for us, a question going the rounds in the Cooper today was whether any Swede had played for us.

Certainly we have had reps from Faroe Islands, Iceland , Finland and Denmark ( if Sloth counts!).

Look forward to answers.

4 minutes ago, livivoice said:

With the Norwegian Adonis about to join and thereby being the first from that country to play for us, a question going the rounds in the Cooper today was whether any Swede had played for us.

Yes  but I can't recall his name. Stefan ?????

3 minutes ago, BigCDawg said:

That page also says "This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items" - although I can't think of any that would fit the bill. Unless there was ever someone like Richard Gough who had Swedish credentials.

9 minutes ago, livivoice said:

Certainly we have had reps from Faroe Islands, Iceland , Finland and Denmark ( if Sloth counts!).

Look forward to answers.

https://www.motherwellnet.com/database/player-archive/nationality/

I really need to update this list as I think I'm missing the last few seasons anyway enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

Stefan lindqvist,I think he only played a handfull of games back in the late 90s.

He did indeed, he scored against Killie as well, signed by Harri Kampman. Sadly he passed away early last year, he was only in his early 50s.

15 hours ago, livivoice said:

Look forward to answers.

dont know about swedes      but weve deffo had a few  tumshies :D

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Kinda surprising that we've only had one Swedish player down the years.

Probably up until relatively recently moving from Sweden to Scotland would have been a big step up, although I doubt you could say it's any kind of step up these days.

We did have another Swedish player on a short term deal called Mats Lundgren, he obviously never played any first team minutes the closest he got was being on the bench against Celtic.

4 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

We need to try squeeze through another couple of Scandinavian signings the next few windows, if nothing else, purely for the puntastic headline...

"THE FOUR NORSEMEN OF THE FIRPARKOLYPSE!" (c)

:doh:  that's the 2nd straight red card this week

• Haha 1