Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

SteelmaninOZ

We showed again that pretty possession between the boxes is meaningless if you don't do anything with it. I can't fault a single player on our team, everyone put in a good shift and did exactly what needed to be done.

Three wins on the trot with Mugabi at right back and Grimshaw in midfield. Alexander murderball works.

How can you not love Van Veen? What's the chances of Aberdeen bidding for him in January?

9 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Never in doubt easy.Love the physical aspect of the team all over the pitch total units we looked pretty solid today.Onwards and upwards.

Yes, every player looked up for the game and got stuck in. Our transitions from defense to attack were great. Let’s hope we can keep up the good performances. 

Blood and snotters type game.  Not great quality but entertaining and a deserved win.

Think that's 6 out of 8 goals scored from headers, something like that.

Van Veen brought a lot to the match, we had much more up front that we did against Dundee.  Watt and Van Veen looked like they can be a good spearhead.

Still don't have a midfield really but I thought Slattery showed a bit more and although Woolery didn't do a whole lot did put in the cross for the first goal.

Defensively I thought we were pretty strong looking for the most part.  McGinlay was the weak link and he was getting done by Ramsay in the first half but I thought in the second half we were fairly solid looking and weren't under too much pressure despite the slightly odd tactical change by Alexander which I thought was made a bit early in the match.  The two centre halves did well and I thought Mugabi has been decent at right back across the two games I've seen.

Kelly didn't have any amazing saves to make but his handling was very good and took a lot of pressure off.

It's workman like but the team was up for it from the beginning to the end and if we can perform like that going forward you'd imagine we will cause teams some problems.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Blood and snotters type game.  Not great quality but entertaining and a deserved win.

Think that's 6 out of 8 goals scored from headers, something like that.

Van Veen brought a lot to the match, we had much more up front that we did against Dundee.  Watt and Van Veen looked like they can be a good spearhead.

Still don't have a midfield really but I thought Slattery showed a bit more and although Woolery didn't do a whole lot did put in the cross for the first goal.

Defensively I thought we were pretty strong looking for the most part.  McGinlay was the weak link and he was getting done by Ramsay in the first half but I thought in the second half we were fairly solid looking and weren't under too much pressure despite the slightly odd tactical change by Alexander which I thought was made a bit early in the match.  The two centre halves did well and I thought Mugabi has been decent at right back across the two games I've seen.

Kelly didn't have any amazing saves to make but his handling was very good and took a lot of pressure off.

It's workman like but the team was up for it from the beginning to the end and if we can perform like that going forward you'd imagine we will cause teams some problems.

First half McGinley was constantly dealing with 2 or 3 Aberdeen players but looks like they sorted that for the second half

• Like 3

Ojala and Johansen were immense. Kelly behind the two of them is going to result in a lot of clean sheets. Big Bevis was brilliant at right back, the number of challenges he won in the last 15 summed up the team. 

Solid in defence and match winners up front is a winning combination. For all the moaning about GA Fir Park was bouncing 5 minutes after full time today and we still have players to come in and easy improvements to make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, parko66 said:

Am i correct that there was a red card after the final whistle? Don't know who it was for but sure i saw the ref flash the red card in the middle of the pitch?

Yeah it was the Aberdeen coach Allan Russell that got sent off. Glass had been booked earlier in the game as well. Nice seeing them have a meltdown esph with all their players hitting the deck so easy during the game.